Suspension upgrade time

akoutmos

Reaction score
do you have a rear sway? all that speed is no good if you have to slow down for every little bend in the road ;)

Completely stock suspension. Thats why its goin in for some serious upgrading.

I would also recommend against China, I mean Megan racing. How about some Koni's with Ground control coilovers?

I've been reading good things about them on various evo, sti and nissan forums. People have really been diggin them on their rides. As far as rep goes i've heard worse things about ksport than megan racing. I was originally lookin at getting the adjustable koni's with H&R springs, but, the spring rates are too light for my liking.

You sprung for AEM EMS and now you're cheaping out on the suspension? Get something at least brand name with some engineering involved... Megan Racing yuckers.

I really wanted a coilover with a front pillow ball mount to fix camber through the coilover assembly rather than through an adjustable upper control arm. I've had bad experiences with adjustable upper control arms. AMR doesn't have pillow balls in the front (at least i haven't seen it). BTW whats the spring rate on the AMRs?

Megan Racing is synonymous with poor quality products in general. Their coilovers are produced by BC Racing and they are under dampened pieces of shiet. Also, they are called CAMBER kits, not chamber kits, and you will not need one if you get an alignment and set your toe to zero.

Save your bucks and buy something better.

My bad on the "chamber", i've had a 102 fever for the past 2 days; i'm a little out of it, silly typo :eusa_doh:

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Another thing you should know is that you will not find ANY coilovers for our cars that have camber adjustment plates. Our cars use double wishbone suspension, what you're referring to is for Macpherson struts which we do not have, at all. Also, every coilover company offer pillowball mounts. Again, you are referring to camber plates.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
As far as rep goes i've heard worse things about ksport than megan racing.

From who? What is their credibility? Do they have parts from either company on their car to back their claim?

Like...you sure you don't want to flip those?

I've been seeing some flaming of KSports recently, and frankly I think its nonsense.

Half the time I'll ask the person to back their claim, and they'll admit they don't actually have parts from them on their car but there's a "friend" that's been having problems so I'm just left with a "you're an idiot" look on my face.

It seemed like half the problems (out of four minor cases) were due to driver neglect of other suspension components or improper installation.

If you get a moron to install them or you yourself are in fact a moron and you install them, then something goes wrong and you cry foul about it later then I wouldn't be surprised you'd come whining about it the next day on some forum and spreading all this crap. (Not you, the person I mean)

To get back on topic (sorry) I do think you can find something better for much cheaper as well.

akoutmos

Reaction score
Another thing you should know is that you will not find ANY coilovers for our cars that have camber adjustment plates. Our cars use double wishbone suspension, what you're referring to is for Macpherson struts which we do not have, at all. Also, every coilover company offer pillowball mounts. Again, you are referring to camber plates.

Sorry but my suspension knowledge is defiantly way behind :p. What options besides upper control arms are there for controlling camber?

You can get custom spring rates from AMR.

Interesting. Might just take another look at AMR.

From who? What is their credibility? Do they have parts from either company on their car to back their claim?

Like...you sure you don't want to flip those?

I've been seeing some flaming of KSports recently, and frankly I think its nonsense.

Half the time I'll ask the person to back their claim, and they'll admit they don't actually have parts from them on their car but there's a "friend" that's been having problems so I'm just left with a "you're an idiot" look on my face.

It seemed like half the problems (out of four minor cases) were due to driver neglect of other suspension components or improper installation.

If you get a moron to install them or you yourself are in fact a moron and you install them, then something goes wrong and you cry foul about it later then I wouldn't be surprised you'd come whining about it the next day on some forum and spreading all this crap. (Not you, the person I mean)

To get back on topic (sorry) I do think you can find something better for much cheaper as well.

I was using Ksport as an example where people say it sucks and yet people have a great experience with the product. There are a couple people on the forum here who run KSports and i have only heard good things. Same with with megans. It just happens that i find more negative comments about he ksports than i do about the megans. How many of these threads are actually credible is a different story. What did u have in mind for cheaper?

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I was using Ksport as an example where people say it sucks and yet people have a great experience with the product. There are a couple people on the forum here who run KSports and i have only heard good things. Same with with megans. It just happens that i find more negative comments about he ksports than i do about the megans. How many of these threads are actually credible is a different story. What did u have in mind for cheaper?

ah ok, well clearly I'll defend them since I've been satisfied for quite some time. Not one problem, and I run on a pretty stiff setup.

I was actually going to suggest KSports first simply because they have a specific version with pillow ball mounts. Its a little more expensive than the regular ones but its definitely cheaper than those Megan ones. That price for the Megan ones is just highway robbery.

I've heard good things about Teins and Buddy Clubs as well, though I think the better Buddy Club ones are quite pricey unless you find a deal.

Thus we return to the KSport suggestion...

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Don't bother with a camber kit, they're a waste of money unless you're road racing. Invest in a good alignment after you drop your car to the right height and be done with it. I guarantee that if you don't drive like a jackass and you rotate your tires with every oil change you will get decent life out of those tires. It's just like any other thing you maintain, just have to do a couple extra things to be slammed. Toe is what kills your tires, not your camber.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
IMO if megan can't even manufacture a decent header, why would anyone want to dish out a grand on they're coilovers ...

Back