Sway endlinks touching shocks? (AMR)

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I love how Andy is blaming his obviously incomplete design on the consumer being "too lazy" to modify their cars for what is advertised as a "superbly engineered damper".

Last I checked, something that is engineered correctly is supposed to integrate with existing mechanical components and not cause interference.

The least you could've done is included a note informing consumers what modifications need to be made and how to perform them.

Do you know what other parts have poor fitment and a "hmm, good enough" design? Cheap, Chinese eBay parts. As far as I'm concerned, your parts may as well be placed in the same category. Might as well drop the suspension gig and start mass producing altezza tail lights and halo projectors.

Ultimately, it's an aftermarket performance part. You cannot guarantee 100% fitment. When I buy ANY aftermarket part, I go in with the expectation that modifications will be needed. It's been proven over and over that AMR coilovers are quality, and are meant for people who are interested in getting one of the best out there. When a minor mod like relocating/modding a bracket, it's a non-issue.

For example, I want a set of JRZ Dampers for my car, but I KNOW they will not fit without modification. But I also know they're one of the best setups out there.

So when it comes down to it, if you can't pay to play, don't.

BTW, you know how we have A LOT of comptech USA fanboi on this site? Guess where they get their exhaust systems from? Guess who mass produce their mufflers? Sway bars? Exactly, a chinese company in china. I bet you did not know their 1500 exhaust system is made in china, and the mufflers are mass produced at 80 bucks Each?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Tek_Rice said:
Ultimately, it's an aftermarket performance part. You cannot guarantee 100% fitment. When I buy ANY aftermarket part, I go in with the expectation that modifications will be needed. It's been proven over and over that AMR coilovers are quality, and are meant for people who are interested in getting one of the best out there. When a minor mod like relocating/modding a bracket, it's a non-issue.

For example, I want a set of JRZ Dampers for my car, but I KNOW they will not fit without modification. But I also know they're one of the best setups out there.

BTW, you know how we have A LOT of comptech USA fanboi on this site? Guess where they get their exhaust systems from? Guess who mass produce their mufflers? Sway bars? Exactly, a chinese company in china. I bet you did not know their 1500 exhaust system is made in china, and the mufflers are mass produced at 80 bucks Each?

Most products that are sold in the us are made in Asia. So what's your point? Amr probably gets some parts from overseas too.

Also, aftermarket parts for specific cars, especially ones that claim " quality" should be tested in any and all conditions and settings the part is cabable of. When parts fit perfect, that's what you call quality.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Most products that are sold in the us are made in Asia. So what's your point? Amr probably gets some parts from overseas too.

Also, aftermarket parts for specific cars, especially ones that claim " quality" should be tested in any and all conditions and settings the part is cabable of. When parts fit perfect, that's what you call quality.

My point leads back to the original post where the poster was speaking about "chinese cheap ebay parts" and putting that in comparing with AMR

SneakyPete

Reaction score

Obviously I didn't order these, but regardless any reputable company or decent human being for that matter would at the least state that some modification "may" be needed. Instead the owner like any good "salesman" sold his product as much higher quality product than any other manufacturers. Unfortunately his skills as a salesman has deprived him of any compassion or customer service skills. No one who sells a product for any amount of money should ever speak to customers the way he has. Regardless of how people have critiqued his product or his character, there has to be a certain level of professionalism maintained. Although these coilovers do seem to be very well designed and tooled, clearly very aesthetically pleasing. I would think that possibly sitting down and having a decent, professional conversation with these people to possibly come to some form of solution would be the appropriate choice. But this is just my opinion and I may be out of line for even posting here, but so far from what I've read some of the members may be acting a little more aggressive than need be and rightfully so considering the cost and hype that surrounded these. But in no way does it give someone who provides a product the right to speak to people in such a manner to belittle the forum members here. Just my .02.

off topic.....what happened to Lebron James!:boohoo:

[email protected].

Reaction score
Why would another brand of coilovers not rub, while AMR's would? Do the AMR's have that much more diameter?

I'm not slammed, maybe 2.5" drop, but my end links don't even come close to rubbing. ?

finch13

Reaction score
Some of you troll are idiots...

You're expecting to make a major modification to your car (Coilovers) and not expect to do any maintenance costs/extra modifications.

When you make any mods to a vehicle that's not designed to have it, you should expect some things NOT to work out correctly. Thus, that's why we are in the hobby of modding.

If you cannot pay to play, then don't. If you did not buy the product, you really do not have a reason or right to critique the product.

A solution has already been offered, yet no one wants to use it. Instead, we have these kids that keeps crying about the same thing in this thread. The coilovers are great, they're designed for performance. If you do not want the extra performance/quality, then get the FF, or ksport, or the D2s and you won't have the rubbing issue.

Lowering a car is not "technically" a modification. You are not modifying any parts, you're replacing parts and modifying the performance of a certain system. Lest we forget this is a platform specific application, not some universal fit part.

And how do I not have any reason to critique the product? That's like saying someone has no right to say, "I would never buy an Xbox 360 because it has known RROD problems." Even if the product A performs better than product B, who would want a product that has KNOWN problems? ESPECIALLY when product A is priced higher than product B, but has more quirks.

I understand the pay to play principle, I preach it often on here when buying parts. But the key is pay to play, not pay to have a huge hassle and be let down by a company that talks their product up, then play and not be completely satisfied.

In theory, if someone bought a set of AMRs and said they handle like garbage, I'd tell them they need to tweak the settings and play around until it handles like they want it to. BUT, if someone said they bought AMRs and said they don't fit the car correctly, well, that's a whole different ball game. That falls into the lap of the manufacturer as a defect, not user error.

Bingo. It's the fact that Andy/AMR is charging top dollar for these coilovers and claiming how their quality exceeds all others, when in reality (and let the pictures speak for themselves), the product does not stand up to what they're advertised as.

My point leads back to the original post where the poster was speaking about "chinese cheap ebay parts" and putting that in comparing with AMR

Let me clarify, I was not comparing materials quality. I'm comparing fitment issues, lack of R&D, and VERY, VERY poor customer service, which is similar to the same experience of buying and installing generic eBay parts.

Andy, the truth is you may know your suspension geometries and damper engineering, but honestly, you may want to get someone else to handle the business side of your company. The number one rule in business practice is "the customer is always right" and it is your duty to serve them because they are keeping your business alive. How do you think it reflects upon your business when someone searches google and sees what a mess this group buy was, how horrible you treat your customers, and your "deal with it" attitude. You're great at selling the product and taking the money, but that's not holding up your end of the deal. Your customers pay a lot of money and expect a great product AND great customer service.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
I'm one of the customers who, even after reading all the reviews (both good and bad) about AMR's products and customer service, STILL called Andy up and placed an order.

I chose to go with AMR simply because I wanted to make sure that if I was spending 1000-1400 on suspension I would get the best that was being offered. Andy has proven that his suspension is top-notch in every FUNCTIONAL aspect. He's never had a blown damper since he started his business; that tells me that his products function and perform better than most.

I understand that the quality of the product is not in question here; it's the fitment. A lot of the people who are complaining about the product claim to understand that when you modify an aspect of your car, sometimes you have to be prepared to pay a little extra to get it to fit/function/look right. However, these same people are complaining about an issue that can be remedied with a few washers if you know what you're doing. Even if you don't know what you're doing, any mechanic would be able to assess the problem and make the necessary modifications on the spot. Yes, it's unfortunate that the coilovers might rub the endlinks, but I would much rather buy the extra bracket instead of going through the hassle of sending the coilovers back, only to go with an off the shelf setup that doesn't perform as well.

A lot of the bigger companies have much more pressing issues with their products, but they continue to sell units regardless because they do what they are supposed to do. For example, its a well-known fact that Microsoft's Xbox 360 has had ongoing issues with the RRODs. Microsoft acknowledged this problem, and is accomodating its customer base with an extended warranty. Consumers will continue to cry for something better than "if it breaks, we'll replace it", but guess what? Their sales will continue to go up because the most important aspect of the system is not the reliability, it's the performance. AMR coilovers are in a similar situation because people will continue to cry for the best fit and performance, and those people will ultimately discover that AMRs are one of, if not the best quality coilovers in the 1000-1500 price range, and may end up with them anyway, regardless of the issues they may come with. Why? Because the suspension does what its supposed to do, and it does it well.

finch13, I will agree that in most cases, the customer is always right, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. Considering that he has never had to replace a blown damper under his lifetime warranty, and that the only standing issues are the rubbing endlinks and his business practice, he's given more to his customers than most of the competition could offer.

For the record, Andy has been great to deal with so far. He's a straight up guy, which may be intimidating for some people, but you can't manage your own business by being a pushover, and I can respect that. He's been very professional, and he even took the time to call me outside of his office hours to talk about what I wanted in a suspension set-up and work out shipping details. That's one thing you won't get from almost any other suspension manufacturer.

Just wanted to throw my .02 cents into the mix. Andy's been taking hits left and right, and I just thought I'd throw my experiences with him out there to even it out a little :)

Back