synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
i was just wanting to get everyones input on synthetic oil. ive heard many good things about it, but have never tried it myself. just curious to what u guys have to say. thanks

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i use it, but i need it

plus we usually have these great big debates on the pros and cons of both, search around on here for said debates

BigAnt

Reaction score
Demands on how you drive your and if your seals are old. If your seals have never been changed do not use synthetic oil, there will 95% your car will leak since synthetic has different detergents and will slip through the seals. Just stick with regular conventional oil.

If you've changed all the seals then you can use synthetic motor oil.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
I put my accord on synthetic at 75k when i purchased it. I did it because i plan to keep the car for a long time and wanted my engine to last. I have heard if you have leaks it will make leaks, leak faster. Im sure that's true. So far after 12k of use I havent seen any visual leaks. My valve cover gasket gets wet im sure its seaping a lil but I plan on replacing that soon anyway.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
I've used synthetic entire life of the car....runs perfect...but like others said don't change halfway through

jwong512

Reaction score
If your not burning oil or leaking any, it should be fine for you to change over. I doubt you would notice any performance boosts with it though. The only benefit is that you can do longer intervals before you change your oil compared to the regular 3k. I would say synthetic should run fine for 5k. 6k should be acceptable too if you get a good oil filter to change all the contaminants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back