TAIL LIGHT not working - brake light working

rdxd

Reaction score
Not sure if my title is easy to understand but here's what i'm trying to get across
- I turn on my headlights -the tail light does NOT turn on
-However when I engage the brake - brake light WORKS

Aware that it is dual-filament, Removed the old gloves and put in new ones(new 7440/7443 LED's), still no luck - Perhaps I have to stick with globes and not LED's?
brake fuse still intact
Funny thing is, only ONE side was out first, now both sides are out

Help!

Last edited:

rdxd

Reaction score
going to go check interior fuse boxes for a '15' fuse - was searching for 'brake light not working' all this time - instead of 'tail light'

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Check the contact points 6th gens tail lights are notorious for get water in them.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your looking at the wrong fuse.

The fuse you need to check is your parking light fuse.

The fuse is located on the passenger side fuse panel labeled "small lights"

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If the small lights fuse is intact, then this leads me to believe it may be your multiplexor, with the inverse working/not working of the lights.

If that's the case PM me - I may have a replacement one for you, if it fits your model.

Last edited:

rdxd

Reaction score
thanks for the input - i'm going to buy the globe instead and see if its jst the LED playing up and not working - because the old bulbs are definitely outs

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, I had the revere of this problem. When I would turn on my headlight the brake lights would go on, but they wouldn't become brighter when you actually press the brake. Turns out the brake power cable went out, so I got it jumped at a shop, costs me like 50$. I hope your fix is as easy as mine

Back