Takata air bag recall expanded

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
01-02 models are affected (i4 and V6)...

AutoBlog said:
While Honda already announced plans to take its front driver's side Takata airbag inflator recall nationwide, the automaker has now officially reported on the number of affected vehicles and the specific models in need of repair. The expanded campaign covers an estimated 5.4 million units across the US, including those already being fixed under the previous regional actions. That number is an expansion of the five million units initially reported by NHTSA.

The affected models under the nationwide recall are the 2001-2007 Accord with a four-cylinder engine, 2001-2002 Accord V6, 2001-2005 Civic, 2002-2006 CR-V, 2003-2011 Element, 2002-2004 Odyssey, 2003-2007 Pilot, 2006 Ridegline, 2003-2006 Acura MDX, 2002-2003 TL and 2002 CL. For customers who expressed concern about their vehicle's safety, Honda had already been replacing the inflators nationwide.

It's possible for the inflators in these vehicles to rupture when inflating the airbag, spraying metal fragments at occupants. This problem has been blamed for at least five deaths worldwide and at least 139 reported injuries. In its statement, Honda said that it worked with Takata to test the recalled inflators in the original high-humidity recall regions, and there were no abnormal deployments in these evaluations.

Honda will begin notifying owners by "over time," according to its statement. Priority will be put on the geographic areas with the highest risk of ruptures. Those in the original recall region were contacted in September.

Earlier in December, Honda partnered with Autoliv to supply the automaker with replacement inflators for this campaign. Autoliv predicted it would take six months for deliveries to start. Takata also increased its production of substitute components. Scroll down to read the company's announcement of this nationwide expansion

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/09/honda-5million-vehicle-recall-takata-airbags/

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I had my driver's side airbag recall service, back in 2011, but is this another type of the issue?

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
^its for airbag inflator. I got a letter in the mail few weeks back

twofast4u

Reaction score
I had my driver's side airbag recall service, back in 2011, but is this another type of the issue?

Well this is gonna suck... I had mine done as well in 2011. But now I have the rsx wheel. I guess I'll swap it out, do the recall and swap it back.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
...as the person that does most of the ordering, receiving, and tracking of these for my dealer...

I hate them. We probably have close to 40 on the shelf for customers right now and about another 10 on order or on backorder.

briansan

Reaction score
I recently got into accident losing traction on a slicked road and i ran into a pile bricks going about 15 mph. I am so lucky that the airbags didnt engage. Big Man Upstairs looking out for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back