taking out seat airbags?

watut

Reaction score
i found a set of minty leather seats. the guy said he will give me them for 50 bucks but i have to take out the airbags, he wants them back. is it hard to do?

finch13

Reaction score
You have to remove the seat back cover and then remove the 2 nuts securing the air bag. Make sure the electrical system is fully disconnected.

watut

Reaction score
My car doesn't have power seats but the ones im buying are power. Is it hard to make my car work with the power seat? Or should I make the seat manual?

X2oo5

Reaction score
if it didnt come with power seats, too much work imo... but if you decide to, MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS DISCONNECTED :lolhitting:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
to wire it oem ish than yea prolly alot of work..but if you want them just to work than find the correct pin out on the plug that makes them slide,recline ect..and hook them up to a 12v source when your ign is on..put a small like 10amp fuse inline just to be safe..or w.e the factory one is..i cant remember off hand.

finch13

Reaction score
to wire it oem ish than yea prolly alot of work..but if you want them just to work than find the correct pin out on the plug that makes them slide,recline ect..and hook them up to a 12v source when your ign is on..put a small like 10amp fuse inline just to be safe..or w.e the factory one is..i cant remember off hand.

This. There are only a few wires you need to give power and ground to to get the seat to move, the rest are for seat position memory (driver 1 & 2 BS).

Blue and red wires are power, black is ground. Both power wires need a 20A fuse and I'd use some 16 gauge or thicker wire. I wouldn't mess with the heater, if it has it. Be smart, use a relay. You can grab a key-on signal in the radio harness if that's easiest.

watut

Reaction score
This. There are only a few wires you need to give power and ground to to get the seat to move, the rest are for seat position memory (driver 1 & 2 BS).

Blue and red wires are power, black is ground. Both power wires need a 20A fuse and I'd use some 16 gauge or thicker wire. I wouldn't mess with the heater, if it has it. Be smart, use a relay. You can grab a key-on signal in the radio harness if that's easiest.

I do have a spot for it on my fusebox, maybe I can connect them to there?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
yes the fuse is in the passenger side..and mayb you might have the plug for it under the seat/carpet..who knows they might be cheap and made one harness for all models...ha

F23A1AT

Reaction score
yes the fuse is in the passenger side..and mayb you might have the plug for it under the seat/carpet..who knows they might be cheap and made one harness for all models...ha

Not likely I only have one plug for the drivers seat belt going to the bottom of the Captains chair.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
worth a shot..ha i work on alot of cars that have plugs for fog lights or something and this particular car doesn't have fogs n such things..o well.
just hardwire it..

Back