Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
And you were the one defedning his "quality" parts in the other thread. Pshhhhh

I've seen the set in person, and rode in it in several non-accords. I even helped install a few sets in Fit and EvoX. So I KNOW its build quality, when compared to Tein/FF/Ksport/d2

I made a couple phone calls to the guys who currently owns the AMRs. No one has any issues thus far.

But having a simple bolt break and snap off? it's quite interesting. I wonder if it was cross threaded, or a some sort of freak accident.

But yea, I still stand on my original point. If you plan to make some major mods to your ride, then expect to make some custom mods to make the item fit.

BUT, if the original item has defects in its build quality then..... yea, the game changes.

Although, this IS the first instance where I've seen this part snap like that. So chances are 1. It was cross threaded through user error 2. It was the wrong size bolt, and through force it snapped 3. It was threaded correctly, and it was a bad bolt.

But ultimately, even crappy steel, they usually don't snap off like that

turbo_911

Reaction score
I've seen the set in person, and rode in it in several non-accords. I even helped install a few sets in Fit and EvoX. So I KNOW its build quality, when compared to Tein/FF/Ksport/d2

I made a couple phone calls to the guys who currently owns the AMRs. No one has any issues thus far.

But having a simple bolt break and snap off? it's quite interesting. I wonder if it was cross threaded, or a some sort of freak accident.

But yea, I still stand on my original point. If you plan to make some major mods to your ride, then expect to make some custom mods to make the item fit.

BUT, if the original item has defects in its build quality then..... yea, the game changes.

Although, this IS the first instance where I've seen this part snap like that. So chances are 1. It was cross threaded through user error 2. It was the wrong size bolt, and through force it snapped 3. It was threaded correctly, and it was a bad bolt.

So basically you are saying I am a noob in installing suspensions, or even simple thing like screwing in the bolt?

001Stunna

Reaction score

1. I doubt you'd be able to cross thread it even if you wanted to so that cancels out.
2. It shouldn't be the wrong size bolt since it came with the coils so that cancels out
3. It was a bad bolt. VOILA.

Statement about crappy steel not braking like that...hence you just agreed that those bolts were worse then crappy steel...which they shouldn't be.

Edit:
For any guys looking for rubber spring covers to add in order to avoid coil on coil hitting. Cheapest i found on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/JDM-Tein-Spring-...Accessories&hash=item335e6734a6#ht_4231wt_911
MTC_7658.jpg

Last edited:

Raul

Reaction score
Sorry to hear abt all these problems, guys. My set is used and I am the third owner :(. I dont have any issues yet (knock on the wood). But this is definitely scary. I might have missed or did not understand, what are those bolts for anyway? The ones that are broken/missing according to turbo_911...

Also OT, but how do you maintain used coilovers and keep them in good condition?:bash:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Raul, those bolts lock the lower spring perch/nut so it wont move/spin from its set position from bumps, road issues etc.

As for maintaining them, id say spray them down weekly from dirt and such (ie. threads, body, springs etc) and then spray them with some silicone lubricant. Canadian Tire has it on sale for 3$ now :).

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i just don't understand how this all happened.

I can recall years ago debates over tiens vs amr vs ff and amr won most of them. i never researched amr's or ever considered buying them, so i will try not to poke the fire too much. this will be my first and last post on the matter

AMR is responsible for the product they put out, plain and simple. modifiying anything to make these products work should not be this well known. yet i see end link rubs and now a simple screw breaking from multiple members and i question how well these products were researched and developed.

if i am correct, these are not the first amr version but a redesign, is that correct? if so, how come no one had issues with the first design yet massive problems with the new ver.

i think andy is a good person and founded his company on good principles, but if he made a mistake, he should correct it now. i mean, what does he have to lose on this site for having everyone's coilovers fixed on his dime? money of course. but is he gonna get repeat business on this site by keeping on his current course? prob not

unfortunatly, i have been apart of this process taking down another well known accord guys business due to a crappy made product. i regretted doing it, but he left me no choice but to publicly confront him on the issue and i will leave it at that

andy, if you are reading this. think of your business and decide what is the best course of action for it? fixing it or hiding behind the coils

I wish yall the best of luck in this fiasco and hope things work out

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Wayyyy OT but I have never seen a thread grow this quick in 24 hours.

@Turbo: I'm glad you found a solution to the issue at hand here. Hopefully if this problem occurs for others they have or will see this thread and know what to do. That is assuming Andy does nothing about this. He is probably on vacation in Buenos Aires or something like that. :lawl:

Last edited:

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
i just don't understand how this all happened.

I can recall years ago debates over tiens vs amr vs ff and amr won most of them. i never researched amr's or ever considered buying them, so i will try not to poke the fire too much. this will be my first and last post on the matter

AMR is responsible for the product they put out, plain and simple. modifiying anything to make these products work should not be this well known. yet i see end link rubs and now a simple screw breaking from multiple members and i question how well these products were researched and developed.

if i am correct, these are not the first amr version but a redesign, is that correct? if so, how come no one had issues with the first design yet massive problems with the new ver.

i think andy is a good person and founded his company on good principles, but if he made a mistake, he should correct it now. i mean, what does he have to lose on this site for having everyone's coilovers fixed on his dime? money of course. but is he gonna get repeat business on this site by keeping on his current course? prob not

unfortunatly, i have been apart of this process taking down another well known accord guys business due to a crappy made product. i regretted doing it, but he left me no choice but to publicly confront him on the issue and i will leave it at that

andy, if you are reading this. think of your business and decide what is the best course of action for it? fixing it or hiding behind the coils

I wish yall the best of luck in this fiasco and hope things work out
Well thought out response. +rep

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
from my neutral stand point. and my point of view and im not taking any sides but from what ive read. 1000 ish. 6 months waiting ish. some came cosmetically dammaged ish. few people having problem ish. broken bolt ish. lifetime warrenty that doesnt even cover a basic bolt and than telling the person to go to a hardware store to buy a new bolt. ive seen the maturity of andy and the immature of andy. im sorry to say but sleeper cell thanks for trying to get things done for amr to get a group buy for the 6ga people. But i think you are a lil bias. when you have problems with ff you went off bashing on them with quality control is ****. when its time for amr. the scratches that came and broken bolt you suddenly because all companies have problems and yati yata. As much as i want to defend you cant on this one. i dont know if anyone agrees with me but this is my 2 cent. and i agree with badger type on this one fix it asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back