Tein? nope.

night-ryder

Reaction score
I have had counterfeit S. Techs on my car for about 9 months now, and well...They still work, still look good and are in great condition, even after some very, very hard driving.
Has anyone had any bad experiences with these things failing?, They are very accurate replicas but, hey, who knows, better safe than sorry.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i dont really think any drop spring can fail. itd have to break in half. the only thing i could see going wrong with knock-offs, is not having the same spring rate and/or drop height.

changaroo

Reaction score
i know they rust out eventually. my friend bought a set from ebay thinkin they were real teins, and then tein released their warning shortly after.

the top coil is prone to rusting out i believe, id change em out when you have time.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
the only thing i can think is rust, but u never know, if they work good then keep em that way... u should spray that anti rust under car coating on it just in case, but get all around the spring... fake or not, if it did its job then ur good

Reaction score
That really sucks man. im sorry to hear that. I used to have some on my car, but i got coilovers instead. so now ive got some *genuine* Tein S-techs just laying around that were hardly ever used.

Back