Tein Street Advanced

6thgenius

Reaction score
Got 'em delivered today! Deciding whether to buy tools and install them myself, or pay someone to do it for me...

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
That was quick!

I say buy tools and do it yourself. That way if issues arise like clunks and squeaks, you can diagnose it yourself rather than relying on a shop. The first time usually takes longer but it gets easier every time you need to remove and reinstall.

And it's kinda fun..

6thgenius

Reaction score
Alright, total damage so far:

1. Heard it's a known issue.
71bfff57e42e6bf12259874f74f473c3.jpg

2. This one's an OEM part. If anybody knows the name of it, please let me know. Need a new one.
edc2944035f0220d94361053c7596974.jpg

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I do not know the number, try majestic honda, but it looks like it can be fixed with a bench vice.

6thgenius

Reaction score
I do not know the number, try majestic honda, but it looks like it can be fixed with a bench vice.

Thanks, yeah, I believe you're right.

So I was on the phone with Tein today... Now waiting for them to analyze my pics and see if it can be fixed/replaced. How important is that top part (from the first pic)? Will I be able to use the coilover without it? There's still space for the lug nut...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
shouldn't try to -NOT- use it. It's there for torque, to keep the nut on.

find a bolt to fit that sleeve on, (M14?) and clamp the crap out of it. Remove random bolt, re-install sleeve.

6thgenius

Reaction score
Just got an email from Tein:

" The broken piece is part of the piston rod. The piston rod is very important to the coilover application an should not be used in this broken condition. You would need to send in the damper for repair, starting price is $75 this covers the clean up replacing he seals changing the damper oil and labor. The new piston rod will cost $55 and would have to be ordered from Japan*... " Not sure if I should try to install them again by myself lol.

Last edited:
Back