mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Re: Thanks and farewell

It will void some kind of warrenty
im sure op dont wanna do that yet lol

cliffsta

Reaction score

Yes, it is rear wheel drive. My requirements in a new vehicle were RWD and 2 doors :) I'm 24, I wouldn't have it any other way. Bad boy will scoot.

Interior is black leather, I'll go downstairs and snag a pic with all the lights on. By far the nicest vehicle I've ever sat in, much less owned. Since its dark out I can't get an engine photo tonight; probably tomorrow after work.

Warranty is great on these cars. Powertrain is 10 years/100,000 miles, 5 years 50,000 on most everything else. So yeah, no mods. Gonna drop in a K&N air filter, though.

My mom bought a 2011 Sonata in fall of 2010 and it is very well built and seems like a quality vehicle. Thats why I gave the Genesis Coupe a long, hard look. And with that long of a warranty I figure it was a safe bet

I'll still drop in from time to time!

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score

Genesis Coupes are one of the best bang for bucks. They're not the fastest cars, but they come pretty fully loaded at base model and they're quite affordable! My friend got one when it first came out and he got lifetime free oil changes every 3k :p. I suppose it's one of the perks of being the first beta testers of the car.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

The car will be fine. My friend has a 2006 Sonata, the first car Hyundai started building better, and he's only had one minor problem. And from what I've read on other long term tests on cars in car mags, Hyundai is showing they build a car to last. I hope your other requirement was a manual.

That said, congrats and enjoy it! Oh and, uh...more photos. ;)

cliffsta

Reaction score
Sorry the delay in posting more pics. First week back at work from vacation.

3.8 liter V6. 306 HP / 266 TQ
16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Interior is black leather. Dash and random pieces are soft touch. More plastic / less soft-touch than the 6th gen, though.

19.jpg

21.jpg

I got the automatic. Its a ZF 6-speed with manual shift mode and PADDLES

20.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Interior doesn't look bad. Center console area is nice. How are the seats?

Are manuals hard to find, or did you want an auto?

Wonder if any R-Spec parts are swappable between models...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Interior looks decent.

Hyundai has stepped up, seen a few of these from a local car club, not gonna lie, they turn alot of heads.

Enjoy the new ride!

cliffsta

Reaction score
Power adjustable driver's seat is super comfortable. Headrest goes up/down and forward/back which is convenient. Very nice side bolsters. Don't feel like I'm gonna slide out any corner soon.

I wanted the automatic. I drive 75% city. FWIW every one I looked at on dealer websites and on the lot was an automatic.

I think most everything is swappable even between 2.0 and the 3.8. LSD, wheels, rear suspension. Just read a thread about people swapping rear diffs. Only mod I'm doing is removing the carbon filter in the intake tube. Dyno'ed a gain of 8whp :naughtyrun:

Back