The Curse strikes again (NOW WITH MORE CARNAGE!)......

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
For those of you that don't like reading, you can just skip to the bottom where the pics are........

I can't even begin to describe to you how upsetting this is. This is the sixth or seventh time the TL has been hit causing damage to the extent that it needs to go into the shop for at least a week. The first time was exactly one week after picking it up. I was rear ended at a stop light by a pizza delivery guy and the car was in the shop for almost a month. But I rolled with it and moved forward. Since then everything else has been minor cosmetic damage, but still frustrating none the less. Just about every six months, like clockwork, it’s been something else, and every time it has been due to someone else’s negligence. Not once have I had an at-fault claim with the car.

The last time she came out of the body shop was the end of April, and with lots of help from Tony at Airport Road Autobody in Hartford, the car came out looking better than ever. I can’t tell you how many times in the recent past I have been approached by strangers telling me how great the car looks and how it’s the first time they have ever seen a TL of this body style “hooked up”.

For the past five months I have been absolutely smitten with the car. Every morning when I walk out to the car to go to work I get this feeling of, “**** yeah….I built that….and I built it for me.” The car was my vision, and my dream. It was created without the redundant, “What wheels/springs/shocks/spoiler/roof rack/stickers should I buy?” and with very little input from anyone. I knew the look I was going and made it happen.

All of that being said I should have known from my past experience that “The Curse” was about due for another “incident”. That incident came yesterday on my ¼ mile commute to work when I was traveling east bound on Farmington Avenue in Hartford approaching the intersection of Prospect Avenue, where a left hand turn lane opens up to go north. Traffic was stopped in the right lane to go straight through the intersection and I was coasting down the left turn lane when all of the sudden the uninsured and unregistered Chrysler Pacifica from HELL shoots out between two cars from the gas station on the right, plowing in to the passenger side front corner of the car.

Just like that, my creation, the thing that I had put so much blood and sweat into, and the only material possession I really care about was once again in pieces. Leaving me with nothing but a $1000 deductible and out of pocket costs for a rental car to pay for.

This is the aftermath……

Facing West.....

19b0639b.jpg

c19bd801.jpg

(Yes I know how ironic the ambulance chaser ad on the side of the bus is.)

Facing East....

00d445f5.jpg

caa5486a.jpg

eb6d0726.jpg

4a7ea592.jpg

The car was towed back to Tony this morning as it is undrivable. Waiting on the damage estimator to come out, but Geico said it could be a week and a half before they get there because of all of the property damage claims from this past weekends storm. I'm guessing $4k-$5k in damage.

The car will be rebuilt once again, but will be listed for sale once the work is complete. I am not a very superstitious person, but I have never had worse luck with a car in my life, and this is #14.

I just can't take her constantly breaking my heart anymore. I knew in the beginning when she and I first met that she wasn't what I really wanted, that I could do better and that I was settling. Maybe she could sense this the whole time and just didn't let me know in fear I would leave her for a gorgeous German with RWD and three pedals.

I just don't know.......but what I DO know, is that the relationship between she and I is toxic, and I can't keep doing this.

333zhgo.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Guhdaaaaaaaamn....sorry Justin. Ugh.

Maybe time to lower your deductible, lol. Glad you're not stuck having to pay for all this. I hate people.

Last edited:

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
That sucks!!! Man people can't drive these days! And when accidents happen it makes you paranoid to even drive anywhere! At least it looks like:madrun: no frame damage

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
Wow....sorry to hear dude :'( it always sucks when you pour your heart and soul into something only to have it undone by someone other than you...

BTW, can I guess? 3 series in your future? :) im getting my 335i next year lol

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Wow I'm so sorry to hear that! Your car looked beautiful. :(

I hope the curse doesn't follow you to your next car.

juicebox00

Reaction score
damn, that blows. people must be horrible drivers out there

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
damn, that blows hard. at least i got to see it in person before you sell it.

but, you do have mad camber, yo.

good luck with the next vehicle, keep your head up

SykVSyx

Reaction score
ohnoes.jpg

WOW.......Justin, sorry to hear, glad you are alright.

Such a shame with the car looking as good as it did.

You were probably calmer in the situation than I would have been especially given the situation with the other driver.

Really sucks to see the car in that condition.

Back