The "DOES IT FIT?(parts)" Thread

Mikey

Reaction score
Unless the AV6 studs are longer than my old Accord's studs, why wouldnt I run into the same problem? The difference between 5mm and 6.3mm is negligible as well.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I would think the studs on a V6 6GA are longer than a 4cylinder 4thgen. That assumption aside, it's really an issue of the fine line. You're right, 6.3 is not a far cry from 5, but with 5 one can get the appropriate number of turns with the lugnut, whereas with the 6.3 you can't. It's been said over and over that 5mm w/o changing studs is okay on our cars, but that it's the max. Several people including myself have been utilizing them with no issue. So knowing this, I have suggested it as an option for you because it would solve your dilemma.

If you're really concerned, get the 5mm H&R spacers that come with extended studs. They're not hard to change out.

Or keep looking, but I've never seen 2mm spacers myself.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have never even heard of anyone using anything smaller than 5mm on our cars......why bother going with less....might as well use nothing.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I can understand where he's coming from, Derek. Afterall, we are a product of our experiences. :)

But yeah if we are talking purely about moving wheels out for a better stance...I wouldn't bother with less than 5mm. But he just wants enough room to let the rim clear the caliper bracket.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
Regardless of everything below my original post about the TL, the truth is still "No".

That being said, enjoy the upgrade, Jeff.

Have you had a chance to take a drive in a car that has the Progress RSB to compare to the TL/TL-S RSB?

i got the rear sway for 35 tl-s off of the 07 tl 6spd, this feels so much better, everytime i get the chance to do a big sweeper turn i can feel the difference :bowdown: doesn't ever feel like its breaking loos anymore :flipoff:

Mikey

Reaction score
I've never seen 2mm spacers myself.
Me neither. Hell, Im having a ***** of a time finding anything less than 5mm.

I have never even heard of anyone using anything smaller than 5mm on our cars......why bother going with less....might as well use nothing.
Exactly. 3mm is nothing. The brackets are solid metal and as long as i prepped/primed it after shaving it, there wouldnt be any issues.

I can understand where he's coming from, Derek. Afterall, we are a product of our experiences. :)

But yeah if we are talking purely about moving wheels out for a better stance...I wouldn't bother with less than 5mm. But he just wants enough room to let the rim clear the caliper bracket.
Yeah, Im not looking to stance my car. Albeit, these wheels, stanced, on my 4x4 setup, might look pretty old skool, lol. Thats not the look im going for. I just want them to clear the brackets and to still be able to hang on enough that I can travel as much as I do.

Like I said before, ITRs on my 4G were fine in town but anytime I got on the highway for a length of time, they'd shake. I dont want, nor need, that. If 5mm has been tried and tested on the AV6 with no issues, then I may go that route instead. I guess, when it boils down to it, this really is just the price you pay to have nice things, lol. :p

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
front sway bar
i was readin on v6p sayn that tl front sway bar wldnt fit then on acrazine sayn it wld

im wanting to upgrade since rear was upgraded

i knw tha 7thgen is 25mm and tl is 27.2mm

will either of these fit

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
I also need to know about the front sway.. specifically any Acura OEM front sway w/ bushings. Got a buddy on a local forum who works for Acura, and may be able to get me this stuff cheap.

Back