The Legend GS brake swap information thread

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires' started by F23A1AT, Apr 23, 2012.

1. SSMNVCG3

SSMNVCG3 6GA Supporting Member

his thread says 230+shipping

2. nwcg3

nwcg3 Active Member

Bringing it back from the dead. The only thing I cant figure out is if there is a 4x114 rotor that I can use with the 28t legend calipers and bracket?

Doesnt it make sense to have a 28t 4x114 rotor versus doing the 23t v6 or 23t prelude rotor?

If there is a 4x114 rotor that is 28t size for the legend dual piston caliper please let me know!

3. Geewiz

Geewiz Well-Known Member

The rotors from the 92-96 Prelude VTEC trim are what is suggested. I did it and and it's the appropriate diameter and width for the 4x114 lugs.

(I'm actually getting ready to part mine since the engine blew and i have the full conversion with about 5k miles on it before the engine went.)

4. nwcg3

nwcg3 Active Member

Ok cool thanks for the info. for some reason I misunderstood that the prelude rotor fits for diameter and width. I thought the write up said the prelude rotor would have some gap on the width like 3-5mm ?

Feel free to pm me if ur selling!

5. SSMNVCG3

SSMNVCG3 6GA Supporting Member

What i ended up doing was finding a great deal on some brembo rotors for the v6 and had them re drilled to 4x114 and they fit pretty well with the 28t brackets

6. AFAccord

AFAccord Well-Known Member

I'm selling the Prelude rotors from my setup. Centric high-carbon rotors with about 3,000 miles on them. Already sold the calipers.

7. Alpha_Onion

Alpha_Onion Well-Known Member

Quick question;
    I'm getting the GS calipers and the 6th gen V6 brackets. Someone is offering me some 95 Accord V6 rotors (4-lug) as part of this kit. Will these fit, and if so, how well?

8. AFAccord

AFAccord Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure those will not work. I would look up both models on Rockauto.com and compare the dimensions.

9. Alpha_Onion

Alpha_Onion Well-Known Member

I'm pretty surprised that nobody has posted part numbers for the GS calipers yet, so I'll do the honors :thumbsup:

Anyway, I went to my local Acura 'ship today and cross-referenced some parts. Turns out the Legend GS sedan shares the same calipers as the Legend coupe. This is a big relief for me, since GS trims are pretty rare and this opens up more opportunity to source parts from a coupe.

Here are the original OEM part numbers (remanufactured parts have different numbers):

Front Right: 45018-SP0-E01
    Front Left: 45019-SP0-E01

10. Rare

Rare Member

I found this on craigslist off of a 94/95 legend and was wondering if the price is worth it for those calipers? I have a 98 v6 coupe btw so would this just be a direct bolt on?