Thinking about upgrading to coilovers..

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
So I have had my S-Techs for a little while now and I really do enjoy them and the look. I just want something a little more to even out the car and provide an even better look. This wont be for track use or anything obviously so I wont need anything that heavy duty. Just spirited driving some and a better look and still retain a pretty good ride. I have seen people on here with just about every brand possible and I am trying to find something to do the job. They dont have to necessarily be brand new if I could pick up a set from somebody on here that are in good condition. I want to see what you guys think would be the best bet for me and my car.(most of you guys have seen mine if not just look me up in the member's rides section)
Looking for comments, suggestions, pics whatever you all think would be helpful because you guys always have some great input. Thanks!

98cg

Reaction score
tein ss, apexi ws, k-sports, d2, megan, k sports, jic,

all options to look for..

ultimately...what is your price range..thats going to filter it down.

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
i have searched. ive seen every one with different things and different outcomes.
im not looking to slam the car but have some adjustability and retain a smooth a ride.
nothing like SS. i dont think i need anything that drastic and not in the price range. something around 700 dollar range...

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i had Tein SS and ended up just leaving them on level 16 the entire time...i'd assume Tein Basic are just set to medium dampening...the adjustability is a neat feature...but IMO...isn't always worth it

ccordex00

Reaction score
To answer your questions here my personal opinion:

Apexi coilovers: I think they don't make em for our cars anymore
Tein Basic: Really soft setting without any adjustability beside the height
Tein SS: soft imo...even on the stiffer seeting...if u wanna go Teins try to find a used set so u won't be paying too much.
F2's: Very good setting, plenty of adjustability...downside is they tend to be a lil tricky at first to adjust em...but u'll get used to em...
In terms of price my two choices are Tein Basics or F2's...basics run for around $600 brand new...while F2'S around $750

thats what i was thinking but what about the dampening? think that would be much of a problem?

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
thanks man. thats closer to what i was looking for. dinzdale how did u like that basics? any problems?

Back