tighten up that suspension..

slaiguy

Reaction score
so right now im riding on tokico blues and neuspeed race springs (~2.2f, 1.9r). and i wanna tighten up my suspension, but all i have right now is a neuspeed upper strut bar for the front. now what should i look into? im checkin out a '04 progress tl-s rear sway bar, and a cusco front lower tie bar. any tips or advice? ive searched but no threads really help w/ an order of where to start. thanks in advance..

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
rsb will def help, and i know theres a review written on that exact one you want

front and rear lower tie bars, from what ive read, dont realy do much of anything for us, so save your money. im not sure of the spring rates on the neuspeeds, but illuminas would tighten things up as far as shocks. or you could always upgrade to full coilovers, cuz theyre usually always stiffer, except tein.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep rear sway bar will help with the understeering. U can go with coilovers so u can lower more. Keep in mind with the thickness of the bars. Too much will give u more oversteer and thats wut u dont want cuz ur gonna have to straighten the wheel faster and use more strength.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
you can always get a cage made.
I wouldn't recommend a bolt in tho since they dont allow them on the track.
Also dont expect major difference with the tie bars themselves but just like every dollar adds up, every little mod supports the other and helps in a way or the other.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
yep rear sway bar will help with the understeering. U can go with coilovers so u can lower more. Keep in mind with the thickness of the bars. Too much will give u more oversteer and thats wut u dont want cuz ur gonna have to straighten the wheel faster and use more strength.

ok, once again Lemon you're sounding like an idiot. have you ridden in an accord with a thick rsb? Like the 24mm Progress? No? That's what I thought. I'm fine with you trying to hep ppl, but please do it on things you have a clue about, and not just something you read somewhere.

No hint of any scary oversteer. It's a beautful thing.

I dont think anyone makes an adjustable sway bar for us.

No, I think you're right. If comptech didn't... doubt anyone did.

BUT! There are bars with dual mounting holes.... such as the Progress one, so technically it does have a 2-way adjustability between stiffer and stiffer. One set of holes just makes the bolt-up to the endlinks closer to the horizontal pience of the rsb, making it "tighter" (sry, don't have a better description)

slaiguy

Reaction score
yeah, the progress 24mm sway bar has adjustable endlinks, or at least the one im lookin into does. and i dont wanna drop that kinda money on coilovers until maybe spring time. but thanks for the help, and im glad i asked. any more advice is always welcomed..

Back