Timing Belt Kit?

seb799

Reaction score
I personnaly woudn't order any Engine component on Ebay

Maybe I'm wrong, doesn't seem like a big saving either!

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
Why do people buy parts on eBay for their cars? lol Just go straight OEM. Hondapartsnow.com or tasauto.com like the birdman above me already said. :D

some people are just ballers on a budget. times are tough i guess for some people. i got my timing belt kit from tasauto like 2 years ago and still havent even had it replaced. guess i can do it now sonce purchasing my mecahincs tool set and a haynes manual

retprep

Reaction score
thnx for the link, i will Def check it out...

and yea its extremely Rough times nowadays...specially with 3 kids...:eusa_wall:
and from the looks of this Site and most of the Threads i've read..im like 4 years late on fixing up my accord to meet everyones Standards even mine...but like i've been saying for the past 6 years...little by little...

thnx again for the site...and i will Def no be buying things that are important off Ebay....

Omega83

Reaction score
thnx for the link, i will Def check it out...

and yea its extremely Rough times nowadays...specially with 3 kids...:eusa_wall:
and from the looks of this Site and most of the Threads i've read..im like 4 years late on fixing up my accord to meet everyones Standards even mine...but like i've been saying for the past 6 years...little by little...

thnx again for the site...and i will Def no be buying things that are important off Ebay....

I feel ya buddy! I've got two kids and go to school full time. A lot of people on here have a steady income and apparently a lot of free time.

I don't see anything wrong with buying parts off of ebay, as long as they are quality parts. It looks to me like the parts in that auction are the same ones you get from honda... could be wrong though.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Timing maintenance is one thing you don't want to use anything but OEM parts for.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Timing maintenance is one thing you don't want to use anything but OEM parts for.

Thank you Red.

I know times are tough but...Intakes, header(s), visors, lights and all the misc. whistles you can buy on eBay. But when it comes to seals, head gaskets, belts, alternators or any other crucial part, that's a big no no. Just save until you have enough. I bought a radiator & compressor off eBay 2 1/2 years ago locally here in SoCal. I think that's the only two things I bought that was critical. Aside from that, go OEM.

WilliamW

Reaction score
Why not buy quality parts off ebay?

Instead of getting this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-2-...fits=Year:1998|Make:Honda&hash=item2eb2757f1e

Why not get a Gates timing kit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gate...fits=Year:1998|Make:Honda&hash=item4158017bb5

I just purchased that exact same Gates kit off ebay and installed it over the past weekend. There is nothing wrong with it. You don't get the seals that your original post included, but if you want to replace the seals I would agree that Honda is the way to go. Timing stuff, just get good parts and not weird no name brands.

Back