Tinting Tails Red?

Skyy

Reaction score
also, before I go buy this paint..
I just paint the outside of the lights right?

Or do I crack them open and paint the insides of the covers?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
get the film. i used red tint spray a few times, and each time it faded real quick, pretty much to an orange haha. the film works much better, and ive had it on forever haha.​

imaricer:)

Reaction score
also, before I go buy this paint..
I just paint the outside of the lights right?

Or do I crack them open and paint the insides of the covers?

outside only. you will ruin the tail light if u paint the inside.

take them off the car and lay them flat in a place protected from wind and dust like a semi clean garage. apply at least 2 coats and a coat of clear coat if u want, and your good. wait to dry and put them back on the car. then take pics and post em up. :)

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
painting tail lights is usually not a good idea...as Andy said they fade and only look good for a short amount of time...the more work you put in the longer they last but it's just a pain

IMO buy an actual tint film or buy different tail lights with the lenses the way you want them to begin with...at least that way it will look more OEM

Skyy

Reaction score
Actually...I saw a picture of an accord with the 98-00 tails...but on the clear strip, somehow they got the pink lines/amber out of them...

Anyone heard of doing that?

Ofnir107

Reaction score
^ I think those are aftermarket clear tail lights. I don't think you can remove the pink from the lenses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though...if there is a way to remove it, I want to know. =P

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
there is a way to remove it on the 01-02 tails...making them red/clear. This is not the case with the 98-00 model lights. You can buy red/clears on ebay for like $100 shipped though...i have had 2 sets and love them

mycar15.jpg

just sayin...:D

edit: because im nice....
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=98...+lights&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Last edited:
Back