Which technique?

• Technique 1

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Technique 2

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
It only costs 20 bucks to mount and balance a tire. If you don't have cash, charge it! You don't wanna mess up your rims.

$20? You're getting raped. I pay $12. :)

If you don't have $20 (or $12:)) to pay to mount a tire, there's something wrong.

ur both getting raped ... i get my tires changed and balanced for free ... gotta love having connections

finch13

Reaction score
$20 is super cheap. The cheapest I could find around here to mount a 40 series tire was $25, with most places charging $35-40 PER tire.

I think I paid $65 or so the last time I paid to mount 4 tires.

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
Technique 2 FTW. It's funny cause I have a friend who went to Nascar Techincal Institute and he now owns his own four wheel drive performance shop. He could build a rock crawler for you if you wanted to spend the money. That method comes in handy for any four wheel vehicle or rockcrawler on the trail who loses a bead. I don't know if he uses starter fluid but something flamable for sure.

Boo45

Reaction score
Lol the hillbilly way is so much funnier but i'd go with the first one

98acclude

Reaction score
at work our tire machine is ok but if the wheel is bigger than a 19 or too wide then you can get the tire on the bead... so we resort to using a can of ether so we do use the 2nd technique but be far warned it is highly highly HIGHLY dangerous! me being the new guy they thought it'd be funny to make me light the wheel and all the hair on my arm burned off... lol it's very scary n loud n stinks, just make sure you have sumthing to put out the fire incase it doesnt bead up cause you could be out a tire and that wouldnt be good

Back