Tire Questions.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I need some input as to what all of you drive on.
I'm looking for a decent grippy performance, Comfortable tire that can perform okay on Snow, Rain and Dry pavement, Rain and dry a must, Snow is last priority due to the fact that DelDOT salts the roads pretty early. Just something i can feel like i'm driving in rain when its really snow. I've never had to buy tires for all season, True all season. I've lived in Florida all of my life, and I've owned Yoko AVID ENVigor H/V, and they SUCKED, They were great traction, but I had no ABS and ground off a few bald spots onto the tire ruined them in 8000 miles. They also lowered my fuel economy by about 4MPG. I've also been on Hankook H727, Sot and comfy, but not as grippy as the Yokos. Also had the Hankook Mileage Plus II.

I'm not looking for snow tires because I only need one set of rims. Later probably next year, I'll buy a second set, and then swap around.

My big things are GRIP, ride, noise, and to not bring down my economy too much.

So help out a newbie? I have a stock SE

Last edited:

cl206

Reaction score
I don't know what ur budget is but I am using michelins primacy mxv4 h rated and so far they have been great. They are very highly rated just about everywhere. If you're on a budget, the bf goodrich TAs have been decent.

Also you can check out tirerack.com and click on surveys and reviews after you input ur car and you can see/compare for yourself.
I might be wrong, too lazy to check but I think they have a warehouse in delaware?

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I browsed over that thread, and found that alot of tires are old or no longer manufactured. Or haven't been in snow, If i still had my saturn those nankangs would have been sick for traction.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Well winter time is coming around I want to keep my Nankang's but im really thinking of going towards the falken 912s. Best all-around tire to me, weather and stretching.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I browsed over those and Michelin Pilot Exaltos A/S I can't decide between the two.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Continental DSW

continental-extremecontact-dws.jpg

The ExtremeContact DWS (DWS for Dry, Wet & Snow) is Continental's Ultra High Performance All-Season radial developed for drivers of sports cars, sports coupes, performance sedans and sport trucks. The ExtremeContact DWS is designed to satisfy their year-round driving needs by blending dry and wet road performance with light snow and slush traction.

ExtremeContact DWS features an advanced silica-based, high-grip, all-season tread compound molded into a unique asymmetrical tread design with stable shoulder blocks and a continuous, notched intermediate rib on the outboard side to enhance responsiveness and cornering stability. The center of the tread features independent blocks separated by high-angle, crisscross grooves to provide the biting edges necessary to deliver wet road and light snow traction while independent inboard shoulder blocks help disperse water to further enhance hydroplaning resistance and foul weather traction.

The ExtremeContact DWS features Tuned Performance Indicators — visible letters molded into the second rib from the outboard shoulder to alert drivers of the tire's performance levels. A visible "DWS" indicates the tire has sufficient tread depth for dry conditions, as well as wet roads and light snow. After the "S" has worn away, the remaining "DW" indicates the tire only has sufficient tread depth for dry and most wet road conditions. And after the "W" and "S" have both worn away, the remaining "D" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions only.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I didn't mean for an exact copy and paste though. I bought the michelins. I will eventually have two sets and at that time, I'll buy snow tires, Blizzak is thae name I've seen thrown around for years.

Back