Tire rubbing help!

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Alright so here is the picture of my tire, you can see where it is rubbing at
15plmw4.jpg

I was wonder if it is rubbing on the inside lip or on the bumper mounting tab. Please let me know which one you think it's rubbing on, thank you.

I am lowered on TEIN S Tech's and i have 18x8.75 +35 XXR 527's with 225/40 tires

Fenders are not rolled.

Last edited:

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Are you lowered?

Do you have rolled fenders?

How big are your rims?

What size tire?

give us a little more info ...:coffee:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Fenders probably need rolling. With that offset I wouldn't say more than a 1/4 inch. Tabs should be fine.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
You probably need to roll your fenders or relocate your bumper tab (or maybe not) 225's are meaty tires. My tires look like that also until I rubbed the stupid tabs off while driving any my bumper fell off. I put it back o tho.:coffee:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I plan on rolling my fenders and relocating the tab, but i wasn't sure which was causing the problem and should be done first. Which would you suggest?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Do both while your wheel is off.

This.

I'm 23.5" from ground to fender. Fenders rolled on 17x9 +38, I got away with not relocating the bumper tab, but on big dips/pot holes the edge of the bumper can sometimes catch my tires.

If you dont want to relocate the tab, just do what i did and shave that little pointy part off.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
The fender is more than likely your main problem.
I would just do a small roll unless you plan on more aggressive wheels later on.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Also check the couple mounts for your splash guard that are on the fender. I had to bend mine up so they would stop coming in contact with my tire. They also would become stuck out and that is what rubs my tires also.

Back