TL/CL Type S Dash Swap In Sedan CG16

DH48

Reaction score
Wow the seats and the steering wheel are the cherry on top of the cake with this swap. Looks hot. Have to find me some TL/CL seats too :)

FNCONE

Reaction score
Wow the seats and the steering wheel are the cherry on top of the cake with this swap. Looks hot. Have to find me some TL/CL seats too :)

THANK YOU DH48 for the motivation!!!

And the CL's are more comfy than the TL's. IMO.

tknightt

Reaction score
Did you have to drain the engine coolant to remove the center heater core, I have both the Accord and a TL side-by-side but can't figure out for the life of me how to remove the center core like you did

SoloDay3.jpg

FNCONE

Reaction score
Did you have to drain the engine coolant to remove the center heater core, I have both the Accord and a TL side-by-side but can't figure out for the life of me how to remove the center core like you did

SoloDay3.jpg

You can do it without removing the coolant, it will leak a little either way. There is a 10mm I believe in the engine bay and 2 small hoses remove those and it should come off. REMEMBER this piece does NOT come off if you have the dashboard in... Its a b@t#h you need the dashboard off first.
Here is some diagrams pictures always help lol
I like how one step is "remove dashboard" Like its 1 second to do lol.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FNCONE

Reaction score
Okay...im getting started on this project... half way through, the door panels have been an issue for me. My accords a DX with roll up panels and i always loved these TL panels :aznrun:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/447615650442078943/
are these the same you insalled? are there any mods needed?

That is the dash I installed, I have a sedan so those are not the doors I have. It was a pain to get the doors to fit. If you look at my last pic in my Ride thread, you can see the TL doors don't have leather (they are in my car ) because they where customized to fit. Once I get it upholstered Ill definitely Show it to the site. (If you read my thread you will see a TL door panel and I wrote "more on this door later") LOL..... Im pretty Sure NO ONE Noticed I have a stripped TL door in my car, actually on where it belongs lol:rly:

mikedrre2013

Reaction score
Ok, im going to stay tuned for that update, modification still looks nice though ! Wow it looks like were going to be sacrificing leg room [ik the tl came a little longer than the accords] and i had to drill my TL seats into my car, did you find a way around that, third bolt to center of car wouldn't align for me.

PS: i cry every-time i see that perfectly good leather seat alone at the junkyard :snoopfacepalm:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Lol yup perfectly fine 7th gen accord black seats gone. Had the heated seats working and everything. I needed that engine to fit lol so I parted ways. My CL seats are with 3 bolts. My TL seats me and my brother made all 4 bolt up. The Recaro are narrow so I loosened the frame of the seat bought longer bolts and a solid 3/4 washer (iirc) and voila it fit. I don't believe the seat will move with 3 bolts (Im not saying it's right or safe) but my 7th gen where 2 years with 2 bolts. Those don't line up for ****.

Back