TL Type-s v6 swap

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
in addition to the entire engine and trans swap, youll also need the v6 front subframe...if its any different, which im sure it is. if you have ABS youll need to relocate the abs unit in the bay to the other side of the bay as well, have fun with that. also, rerouting power steering lines as opposed to just swapping the pump to a h22, or keeping the f23 and turboing it. id much rather turbo an f23 than j swap an original i4 accord...not worth the hassle really.​

Ch1R

Reaction score
Since yours is a 4cyl the chassis is differ from a v6, i think ya should h22.

Accordman722

Reaction score
Well since no one has any faith in me.lol I guess ill just boost my f23 and then later buy a v6 accord and then do my swap. I want to do it to the one I have but theres to much history and stuff like that with the one I have so id hate to get rid of her.Any body know a good turbo setup ? I can get a full turbo kit for 800 but I don't know what kind. Thanks Guys

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Good move.

What I would do is search around for some peoples F23 build threads and get a general idea of the basic parts you'll need and maybe a general idea of the direction you want to go in.

Stay away from Ebay for Turbos, unless they are a private seller and a reputable brand. And unless you want to replace parts I would stay away from "ZOMG JDM Turbo KIts "

Accordman722

Reaction score
Good move.

What I would do is search around for some peoples F23 build threads and get a general idea of the basic parts you'll need and maybe a general idea of the direction you want to go in.

Stay away from Ebay for Turbos, unless they are a private seller and a reputable brand. And unless you want to replace parts I would stay away from "ZOMG JDM Turbo KIts "

Thanks for the help man. I will do some searching around and find some people who have boosted there f23. i know (ihazsnail) is boosted, know anyone else that has a turbo build thread ?

Accordman722

Reaction score
I think I allready asked this on another thread but does anyone know if an f22 turbo manifold will work on a f23 ? Is it a direct fit ? Thanks

MikeyMike

Reaction score
Skimming through this quickly I will tell u to not waste your time going j unless you plan on selling your car and getting a v6 model. Apart from the wiring which is the major part of it, the v6 is built with all different parts, including the radiator support.... Subframes, entire suspension because the j setup is heavier, everything down to the reserve tank for the radiator

Stick with a motor setup that is based off of the 4cyl foundation..

Back