too much wax/waxing?

ryon527

Reaction score
we should all take a pic of the stuff we use and post it up. I like the meguiars nxt spray wax for in between waxes. It looks just as good as the regular nxt wax.

klnyc

Reaction score
Just waxing dont do more justication. You need to polish with rotary or a dual action orbital. Also you need to clay it once or twice a year to get rid of oxidation,saps,etc. Once u done all that. You need to seal it and top it with any LSP(last step product) I do this on weekend for last 7 years, I detail cars another word :) You can find alot of stuff on autopia.org

Here's just few pics.
hood.jpg

bumper2.jpg

Beads :eek: I use JeffWerkstatts w/Fk1 2180 and top with FK1 PinkWax
hoodbeads.jpg

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I can't wax mine for another week or so since i just got it out of the body shop..But does anybody know where i can get a clay bar, i need to clay the rear and passengers side...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to wax it, now the clear coat is coming off and there's dents/scratches everywhere so I barely wash it now. Maybe once every 2 weeks. Clayed it once and now where I clayed it, the clear coat is peeling off there as well.

cdubb77

Reaction score
klnyc said:
Here's just few pics.
hood.jpg

bumper2.jpg

Beads :eek: I use JeffWerkstatts w/Fk1 2180 and top with FK1 PinkWax
hoodbeads.jpg

Looks good. I see you're a fellow Nyer with the same color Accord as me. Where in NY are you?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Did you clay it wrong then?? I wouldn't think claying and waxing your car would mess up the clear coat in the long run..it should help it

TDotCord

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
Did you clay it wrong then?? I wouldn't think claying and waxing your car would mess up the clear coat in the long run..it should help it

I think his clear coat is messed up. Claying shouldn't hurt it....just removes contaminants from the paint. I've done it a few times. Works wonders. You should be able to pick up a clay bar at auto zone or something.

klnyc

Reaction score
cdubb77 said:
Looks good. I see you're a fellow Nyer with the same color Accord as me. Where in NY are you?

Just south east of you. Im in Bensonhurst, BKN.

klnyc

Reaction score
By claying doesnt remove any clear coat. People tested and proved and so did I. There's an thread at Meguira's online forum. You will see a guy using a wool pad with a rotary and used the most abressive polisher he can get his hand on. After he polished the hood, he use ETG-I thickness gauge, I thinks that brand, but I may be wrong. Anyway, this guage will measure the thickness of the paint. After all those polishing removing and it didnt even suffer any lost of clear coat. So sure go ahead clay it. :)

Back