total noob looking to tweak

tytan0503

Reaction score
okay guys i've been reading the posts on here even more. I think I probably need to do a lil maintenance on my car as well. (top priority now is replacing o2 sensor cuz my CEL is tripped by it haha, then comes spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap), but if I were to do a rear sway bar next, would it be worth the price vs buying a i/h/e bolton type thing? I saw one on ebay for like 140, but do you guys feel like its worth the dough? I just do daily driving with this car, and is the rear sway mainly a track thing? I searched for posts and read up on them, and I think I can install it, but I need to make sure mah money is goin to the right place :jerkit:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
^^^^i thought i heard someone say that it does work with oem stuff. i would go with the sway just because everyone says it changes the way the car feels so much. however, i think doing I/H/E would give you more of sense of accomplishment just because you can see and hear it everytime the car is running. its up to you man, i'd start with suspension and do the sway with a set of coilovers. jmo

TheHunter

Reaction score
My tein basics are so soft, they're pretty much like stock, but I can tell you that the rear sway makes a HUGE difference. And no, it's not just for track driving. Any time you take a turn at speeds faster than a roll you'll feel it. It really makes you feel that your car is locked down a lot better. Also will help eliminate the understeer in your car.

beardohio

Reaction score
My tein basics are so soft, they're pretty much like stock, but I can tell you that the rear sway makes a HUGE difference. And no, it's not just for track driving. Any time you take a turn at speeds faster than a roll you'll feel it. It really makes you feel that your car is locked down a lot better. Also will help eliminate the understeer in your car.

I'm interested, link to a sway bar?
What are they like installing?

vorin

Reaction score
one suggestion that goes along with almost every thread about the sway bar is buying new accord endlinks, in case you have to dremel yours to get them off. This goes double if you live in a soggy/snowy area(I think OH qualifies.)

good luck with your purchase/install

champaned_out

Reaction score
a rear sway bar without a set of quality aftermarket springs or coilovers wont do you any good.

i changed my 17mm rear sway out with the 04 TL 20mm sway with the stock suspension still in place... it was still a dramatic change in the way the car handled in hard corners... of course after i got my coilovers were installed it was x2 better

if your car has never seen winter you have a pretty good chance in keeping your rear endlinks... my endlinks just pop right out with some air tools without any trouble

Back