Transmission problems? Help!

MichaelPower

Reaction score
To start I drive a 2000 ex sedan. I went to start it up this morning and when i put it into D4 the green box didnt come on around it. And when I push the gas to take off it kind of sputtered up to 2500 rpms and then began going and it seemed like it didn't want to shift but I didn't drive it long. What do you guys think it is? I hope my transmission isn't screwed yet, I only have 56000 miles :ugh:

619rcr

Reaction score
Check your fluid level first. Then if its good, try using your manual gear selections. L, 2, D3. You may have a bad shift solenoid. I've seen on some honda's not just ours that D4 goes out first, due to high usage, but other gears work. Also do you have a chk engine light? Sometimes, Trans will set codes if it senses something wrong and prevent use of gear.
Good luck.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Kind of hard to give you more input without you doing more testing.
The bulb for D4 could've simply burned and need replacing. Your converter could somehow be fully clogged. Someone stuffed a potatoe in your exhaust.

Go out and check the level of the tranny fluid, other fluids. Try it on D3, D2, D1 as already mentioned. Does it struggle in reverse as well?

MichaelPower

Reaction score
Sadly I'm out of town till tommorow so I can't really give you an answer.it goes to honda tommorow though. Thanks for the help though

Back