Transmission problems? Help!

001Stunna

Reaction score
So honda just told me the main computer is shot and they want 1100. But my friend who drove their for me said it was driving fine. What's up with that?

They told you the ECU is bad? Did they go in any detail as to what happened to it? How?

If their claim is true i'd look into picking up a used ECU online/jy then getting a new one off the dealer. Taking it out and putting a new one in is not hard but you will need to reprogram all your keys to the new immobilizer.

PS. A new OEM ECU from hondapartscheap.com is only $624.30
A used one on ebay can go for as little as $50

MichaelPower

Reaction score
They told you the ECU is bad? Did they go in any detail as to what happened to it? How?

If their claim is true i'd look into picking up a used ECU online/jy then getting a new one off the dealer. Taking it out and putting a new one in is not hard but you will need to reprogram all your keys to the new immobilizer.

PS. A new OEM ECU from hondapartscheap.com is only $624.30
A used one on ebay can go for as little as $50

They said the code was P1607 and it's a DCM failure. They said that it will cause the car to not start, not control the temperature, etc etc.

001Stunna

Reaction score
They said the code was P1607 and it's a DCM failure. They said that it will cause the car to not start, not control the temperature, etc etc.

That cel code does call for an ECM/ECU replacement. Assuming that the techs at the dealer did check for the possibility of frayed wiring instead or any short-circuits happening then guess you need a new ECU.

Whether you go for brand new, or used new is up to you and your budget.

Did you wet your passanger side foot well recently by any chance...like heavily wet enough to soak the carpet through? Left the car parked for a long time somewhere where animals may have chewed on wiring?

619rcr

Reaction score
So honda just told me the main computer is shot and they want 1100. But my friend who drove their for me said it was driving fine. What's up with that?

The computer? $1100? F That. Get a used one. This is a 4cyl? Get a used on off ebay and reprogram the key to match. I Have a f23A4 AT Ecu if you want, I can sell cheap. Is your car ULEV (green valve cover) or A1 (all silver valve cover) The reprogram is about $150.

619rcr

Reaction score
That cel code does call for an ECM/ECU replacement. Assuming that the techs at the dealer did check for the possibility of frayed wiring instead or any short-circuits happening then guess you need a new ECU.

Whether you go for brand new, or used new is up to you and your budget.

Did you wet your passanger side foot well recently by any chance...like heavily wet enough to soak the carpet through? Left the car parked for a long time somewhere where animals may have chewed on wiring?

The Ecu is under the console behind the radio

001Stunna

Reaction score
The Ecu is under the console behind the radio

The edit button so you don't have to double post after yourself is on the bottom right side.

In addition unless mine is unique the plugs/wiring is on the passenger side hence if the OP somehow got things wet it could've caused a short.

619rcr

Reaction score
The edit button so you don't have to double post after yourself is on the bottom right side.

In addition unless mine is unique the plugs/wiring is on the passenger side hence if the OP somehow got things wet it could've caused a short.

Its not there in American Accords.

I know where edit is. I was replying to two diff posts.

619rcr

Reaction score
Go ahead and re-check your ECU then as it may be rotated 90 degrees.

Recheck for what? I think I know where it was, because I removed it. Here's the orig F23A4 AT Ecu & THe F23A1 Ecu I ran when I swapped to 5Spd.

It's called multiple quotes, much like what was done in here....

Wow, it really bothers you. Get a life.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Recheck for what? I think I know where it was, because I removed it. Here's the orig F23A4 AT Ecu & THe F23A1 Ecu I ran when I swapped to 5Spd.
Wow, it really bothers you. Get a life.

lol i know what the ECU looks like(thanks for the pics though), and your pictures just showed exactly what i'm saying(which is rather funny). the connectors/plugs are on the passenger side.

Back