trunk rattling with sound system

Tectonickz

Reaction score
In mine I've noticed that the sunglasses holder also is a big reason for the vibrating. Maybe that's just mine but.....

DizzyP

Reaction score
Get an auto stethoscope and hunt it down. Some have the rod attachment to touch items to hear the vibrations.

They ones like these and also ones with the horn end to scope it out. Either way it's like $20.

1833429d5d7616efbe4dc77ba4da997d.jpg

I don't bump my music or have anything beyond stock for audio but I ended up adding two more screws to the license plate frame cuz it bugged me when I closed the trunk I would get that cartoon like DOING sound. Now it's solid.

I actually helped a random stranger in a parking lot that was trying to figure out his raffle issue. First thing was license frame. I told him about the stereoscope and sounds like possible the insulated trunk hood. Any hook I just asked him to Pay It Forward.

I am sure one if these days I am gonna get stabbed for trying to help out but it is what it is.

Oh, be careful I heard that the raffle in some cars is due to the bass upsetting rattle snakes in the trunk area (rattle coming from snake not car). I don't want you to get hurt. I read it on Snopes so you don't need to look it up to confirm. It would be a waste of your times

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

DizzyP

Reaction score
In mine I've noticed that the sunglasses holder also is a big reason for the vibrating. Maybe that's just mine but.....

If it the sunglasses causing the rattling (like mine does) then you can put a piece of felt where the glasses rest when the holder is open to help remove/reduce the rattle. Some decent thin double sided tape should do the trick. It doesn't need to be pretty since it can only be seen with a mirror. If it rattles anywhere else then felt it up!

This project has been on the back burner for awhile but I just found my double sided tape so I think I will knock it out soon.

Tectonickz

Reaction score
If it the sunglasses causing the rattling (like mine does) then you can put a piece of felt where the glasses rest when the holder is open to help remove/reduce the rattle. Some decent thin double sided tape should do the trick. It doesn't need to be pretty since it can only be seen with a mirror. If it rattles anywhere else then felt it up!

This project has been on the back burner for awhile but I just found my double sided tape so I think I will knock it out soon.

Thanks for the tip dizzy I'll give it a shot

DizzyP

Reaction score
Speaking of sunglasses. I get semi-cheap ones with cheap hard plastic nose pads like this sad girl.

ede269a4913e508a9c32add7df240c2c.jpg

And upgrade to these to become a BALLA!

c8fb47b9b80e31762ca63af8ffc4ead9.jpg

Sometimes it's the little thinks females can appreciate in a guy. BTW - $2 installed at Walmart. Silicon, clear and gripping like a mug (plastidipped mugs, of course). No joke.

So get to balla from joker with $2. Believe that!

Also hook up your girl (or guy) with the good stuff. Treat em right or you might get left!

:self high five:

DizzyP

Reaction score
^ all day, everyday! Some peeps got glasses that can slide down due to bass. Not as off topic as first thought. What say you?

Tectonickz

Reaction score
^ all day, everyday! Some peeps got glasses that can slide down due to bass. Not as off topic as first thought. What say you?

Hahah I see you.....fair enough....fair enough

Back