tsx 4dr seat swap

acedomain

Reaction score
Damn this is my first time seeing this thread, I need to take time and actually read it but congrats to op on mod. When I bought my tsx rims the guy who sold them to me try to sell me his tsx seats as well and told me they will fit, since then I always wondered but now that someone has done it I may actually convince myself of trying this

6GAV6

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to upload some pics of the interior swap...

picture.php

Another view of the back seat.

picture.php

Notice the gap behind the silde bolster on the back seat. It's not sitting flush, still have to figure that out.
of course you can't see the gap when the door is closed.

picture.php

Last edited:

tknightt

Reaction score
I finally did the seat dye thing, what do you guys think... be gentle,

this is also the first time I post pictures on a forum so hopefully it will work.

2012-03-17_18-16-21_958.jpg

2012-03-17_17-57-14_991.jpg

eventually I will do the door inserts in black.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I guess you guess got different Gen TSX seats.

Not really feeling the way the rears are done, t, but, it looks like that was how the stitch line was, so you had no choice.

You did a good job with the dye though. Keep us posted and let us know how it holds up.

6GAV6, you need to sort that problem out asap, the swap looks good until you open that rear door.

memes_eww_Dot_Dot_s500x558_156370_What_Happened_To_Evolution_s432x298_188603_580_RE_Creepy_Eyeball_Tattoos-s432x298-230388.jpg

Last edited:

tknightt

Reaction score
Let me say the dye is amazing, can wait to see how it holds up too. I would also have liked the rear cut differently but like you said, stitch line. Also if anyone else tackles this, two-tone is 4 times as hard as single tone, there's alot of detailing to do, and I mean ALOT. I shou,d of gone with a slightly darker Inlay, but I think it ties in well with the rest. There are only 2 items left that aren't dies yet. The covers on the rear of the front seats. I also want to swap out the stearing wheel with a black TL.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Between 3-4 coats. The first coats is really weird to put on after that you get over it.

Yeah, I would imagine it would look like it didn't adhere well with the first coat.

So, between you and 6GAV6, what year(s) are the seats from?

tknightt

Reaction score
These are the original 98 Accord seats. I never ended up swapping them with anything. This was much more time consuming but ALOT less expensive. I did remove all the seats from the car. Dyed them ( took 2 weeks, every night about 1-2 hrs. Took ten minutes to put everything back : )

Last edited:
Back