UPDATE!!! 3/17/12 x5carl3tmurd3rx's Turbo build

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: UPDATE!!! [3-8-11] x5carl3tmurd3rx's Turbo build

very nice...so most if not all the info is in the haynes manual.torque specs..ect ect...say if i buy a spare motor and work in it on the side..something anybody can do? or what pro shop only

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

very nice...so most if not all the info is in the haynes manual.torque specs..ect ect...say if i buy a spare motor and work in it on the side..something anybody can do? or what pro shop only
........I have no idea what your asking me haha

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

ha sorry, simple term..Is this a build that anybody without schooling like you have accomplish with help from here,haynes manual..ect?
as in i can go buy a motor and put it on a stand and build it myself with no schooling on motors.

slowrider87

Reaction score

ha sorry, simple term..Is this a build that anybody without schooling like you have accomplish with help from here,haynes manual..ect?
as in i can go buy a motor and put it on a stand and build it myself with no schooling on motors.

as long as you are patient do plenty of research as you go (and before you start) then yes you can. school helps. but isn't 100% necessary. just make sure your research is from worthy sources, and you measure things properly.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

like tim said schooling helps alot but as long as you have patients, the right tools, and the desire to do it you can. As for the hynes manual it has torque specs for most the stuff you need but its pretty vague when it comes to rebuilding the engine. If you can I'd find a way to get ahold of the instructions from alldata or mitchell (most garage's use these programs but they're a little too expensive to just buy for yourself IMO) they're pretty much step by step instructions with pictures. Also if you come across something you just can't figure out myself and plenty of other guys on the forum would be willing to help you.

so I got a few questions that I need answered.

1. How important is the vacuum line that runs from the back left of the valve cover to the intake piping? are any of you turbo guys running that line to your charge piping?

2. where do the two vacuum lines off the two wire IAC go? theres one that points up and one that points down.

3. still haven't gotten a definite how-to for wiring the IAC, I'll be using the two wire plug a the 5th gen accord.

Last edited:

9450erick

Reaction score

i know when i pulled my iacv out it had 3 lines. one that went to the throttle body another going to the valve cover and the other i forget
thats something you should ask nikita, he did the swap

JDM_Rook

Reaction score

Dont know if this has been asked yet, but did you get your motor/trans bead blasted too? Or is it painted? Looks flawlessly clean. I wish I would have done something to my block to keep it looking fresh when i had it rebuilt. Aluminum just pits and corodes so easy and looks gross after awhile. Never the less, good work my friend. Looking forward to the final completion.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

i know when i pulled my iacv out it had 3 lines. one that went to the throttle body another going to the valve cover and the other i forget
thats something you should ask nikita, he did the swap
ya he called me earlier so I think its all figured out.

Dont know if this has been asked yet, but did you get your motor/trans bead blasted too? Or is it painted? Looks flawlessly clean. I wish I would have done something to my block to keep it looking fresh when i had it rebuilt. Aluminum just pits and corodes so easy and looks gross after awhile. Never the less, good work my friend. Looking forward to the final completion.

it was hot tanked a few times and then we brake cleaned it and then painted it with vht flat aluminum. it looks good but you gotta get it really clean cause there's spots on it that look like **** cause there's some dirt built up under the paint.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

I have to tell you man.....this right here is shade tree mechanics at it finest. This is the first time I have read through you build in a WHILE, and I am thoroughly impressed. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

And nice VC color...... :lawl:

IMG_0692.jpg

DSC04359.jpg

turboaccord98

Reaction score

You don't want to run the hose from the back left of the VC to your charge piping. That is for the PCV. You can throw a breather filter on it or get a catch can of some sort.

Back