Update: P0420 ---- first time i have ever heard of this

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
imo v6 especially the j32,35 guys can get away with a test pipe or no cat. us 4cyl guys cant unless you run a test pipe and a really good resonator like vibrant ultra quiet to a muffler like a ws2 or magna flow.

my friend has no cat, race header, 2.5 piping to a vibrant ultra quiet and megan racing dual tip muffer, and the car is so damn quiet at idle and up to 4k. even past then its not loud

I have the V6 engine though, i'm running 2.5in Catback with a Magnaflow High flow cat straight to my DC Sport muffler. I'm debating on running a test pipe, I think it would sound even better but the downside is I already get complaints from neighbors about my car saying its waking their children and shaking their windows. (I call BS on the windows).

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
im debting on getting one now also. the cat back im looking at (yonaka) is pretty quiet already, so with a test pipe ad a vibrant ultra quiet resonator it should sound good.

neighbors will always exaggerate haha. throw it N when you get on your street

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
im debting on getting one now also. the cat back im looking at (yonaka) is pretty quiet already, so with a test pipe ad a vibrant ultra quiet resonator it should sound good.

neighbors will always exaggerate haha. throw it N when you get on your street

Thats the thing they left a letter in the mailbox with no return address so I dont know what house complained. I have to drive up a uphill street then yes I neutral it home. :lawl:

AccordUser

Reaction score
If you want i'll make DIY thread for this but there are several on youtube

nah, you dont have to, im just going to wait it out until something completely breaks or I move to a location where emissions are required. preciate the offer though

hellouser

Reaction score
My 1999 Honda EX Coupe is in need of a new Cat Converter. I've got 198k on the car and was told by my mechanic a new cat converter from Honda could go for 1k and OEM for around $300.

Do these prices sound reasonable? I may have to go in for an emissions test to renew my license plates stickers (Ontario rules) so may need a new cat converter to pass the test.

Any tips?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Are we talking about Ontario Canada?
If so 1998 plus no longer requires tailpipe testing but its an OBD2 test instead.

That said you can pick up an aftermarket converter for ~100$

hellouser

Reaction score
Are we talking about Ontario Canada?
If so 1998 plus no longer requires tailpipe testing but its an OBD2 test instead.

That said you can pick up an aftermarket converter for ~100$

Yes, Ontario, Canada.

Where can I get one for $100? Is this direct fit?

Back