v6 exhuast tone

phi1542

Reaction score
I found this video of a V6 exhaust but it has no description on the setup. I tried to pm the guy but no response. Can anyone kind of guess the general setup just by hearing what it sounds like?

Here's the exhaust clip: 2002 accord exhaust

White6GAV6

Reaction score
My guess would be it's probably just straight pipes with tips. Right now I'm running 2.5in piping and it's stops at the rear axle. Sounds similar.

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
My guess would be it's probably just straight pipes with tips. Right now I'm running 2.5in piping and it's stops at the rear axle. Sounds similar.

^^this.

I'm also running 2.5" straight pipes with tips and it sounds similar but mines louder since I have hiflow cat and headers

White6GAV6

Reaction score
^^this.

I'm also running 2.5" straight pipes with tips and it sounds similar but mines louder since I have hiflow cat and headers

Don't mean to thread jack, but does yours have a lot of drone? Mine does but I think it might be because the exhaust isn't exiting the back of the car but under it.

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
Don't mean to thread jack, but does yours have a lot of drone? Mine does but I think it might be because the exhaust isn't exiting the back of the car but under it.

Haha yea lots of drone during city driving, but relatively quiet on hwy(inside my car w windows up). Still sounds amazing under acceleration tho, I get lots of compliments on the tone.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Haha yea lots of drone during city driving, but relatively quiet on hwy(inside my car w windows up). Still sounds amazing under acceleration tho, I get lots of compliments on the tone.

Alright. I love the sound but the drone gets really bad at 2-2.5k rpms. I bought a round magnaflow muffler as a res but idk how much clearance i have under my car. Might get ripped off.

phi1542

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys! yeah i figured it was some type of straight pipe haha can i still make it sound like that with 2.25" pipe 18" and 12" vibrant bottle res and just cut off my mufflers and weld tips? or would i have to get a whole new setup again with 2.5" pipe straight from cat back:/ the res i have dont do anything sound reducing wise i think but just make the tone deeper so i was thinking if it would change it to like if i had the 2.5 piping

phi1542

Reaction score

i can deal with city driving drone because drives are relatively short but how bad is it? is the drone really bad on city? what about highway? i don't want an unbearable drone because i had a N1 exhaust it droned liked crazy so i swapped out for a custom magnaflow which is nice and no drone but the tone isnt what i was looking for. i have a clip on my members ride. its just 2.25 piping 18" and 12" vibrant bottle res into 2 magna mufflers. deep but i want that straight pipe growl. not sure if its worth the drone though haha

Last edited:
Back