VERY bright interior dome light DIY

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
That's weird... I used scrap wire haha some 16 gauge, some 20 gauge. It's odd that it didn't work for you..

gt58

Reaction score
That's weird... I used scrap wire haha some 16 gauge, some 20 gauge. It's odd that it didn't work for you..

im thinking that maybe the remote wire didnt have enough juice or for some reason that the wire i picked has a lot of resistance. im dumbfounded because its a 16 gauge OFC insulated wire. however the remote wire is verrry tiny, as it should be, because the amp doesnt need much power. i might decide to take it thru the firewall and up to the battery. i got a 10 amp switch, i should be ok with that right?

gt58

Reaction score
just bought 10 t10 5smd 5050 bulbs for doors/map. bought two 48 led red panel that im going to splice together for the dome light using my little trick!!. gonna be interesting to see the whole interior red :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121006547947

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310579386066

for the led board i sent him a message, the quantity left is not accurate as to what they have he said. they have 100's so i chose 2 for quantity !!

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
The all red interior is pretty cool. Not sure how the 5-0 would feel about it :lawl:

Fun fact. Cops use red interior lights so they can read stuff at night without the light obstructing their view of the outside. Apparently red is one of the few colors that doesn't interfere.

gt58

Reaction score
The all red interior is pretty cool. Not sure how the 5-0 would feel about it :lawl:

Fun fact. Cops use red interior lights so they can read stuff at night without the light obstructing their view of the outside. Apparently red is one of the few colors that doesn't interfere.

after that bs ticket for honking my horn the last thing i need is another bs ticket for some lights hahah. im sure i could get myself out of that ticket tho. cool fact about the red light and cops :p

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Oh and don't take power from the battery. That's so much for something that doesn't actually need any power at all, basically.

gt58

Reaction score
Oh and don't take power from the battery. That's so much for something that doesn't actually need any power at all, basically.

yeah but i was only seeing 5 volts at the second led strip. im thinking the remote wire did not have enough amps pushin thru it. it was like a 22 gauge wire. very confused because LEDS take so little power. hmmmm

what would you do? i have only enough power to turn on the drivers side. the wire is grounded under the glove box in the mean time, ready for the second strip if i decide to do something about it.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I ordered a bunch of these, had to wait almost a month until they came in from Asia. Has this also been the case for some of you others ordering them?

gt58

Reaction score
I ordered a bunch of these, had to wait almost a month until they came in from Asia. Has this also been the case for some of you others ordering them?

i have gotten some things in a little over a week, and i have also waited a month+ for some items. i think its seller dependent. i think some sellers wait til they have alot of orders before they head out to the post office with all their orders. some might ship out same day.

i personally hate when ebay sellers dont upload tracking numbers and its taking a month. i feel like they didnt send them lol

gt58

Reaction score
just got my 2 red led boards in the mail today. spliced them together using my little trick..... and burnt the **** out of my finger with my soldering iron lol. i just put them in but i cant wait for the sun to go down to see how they look.

20130225_160707_zps8e8fd6d5.jpg

20130225_165911_zps5ee67ca0.jpg

very little wiggle room about 1/8 inch on each side of the boards. they look very red (like a police light red) and bright.

my t10 5smd 5050 red bulbs should be coming soon to finish my red led swap!!!

Back