Very Loud Road Noise

AirBishop

Reaction score
So for the past 3 months my tires/car has been making a very loud humming noise which appears to be coming from the front drivers side. I have taken it in to two different places both telling me something else. The one is saying that it may be a wheel bearing but I just had the front drivers side replaced less than a year ago. The other said it was the suspension (OEM with 120XXX miles) they said that the suspension was making the tires cup but I do not hear the noise coming from anywhere else. It isnt very consistent when I am making turns its more of an off and on with the turn kind of noise but at street/road speeds it is almost unbearable. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before or know what it might be. Thanks for your help 6thgenners

truWarier02

Reaction score
If some of your tread is raised up when you run your hand through it, then yeah, the tire is cupped. You could try to rotate that suspect tire to another side and see if the sound moves to the new spot. I hear mine only above 60mph on the freeway. On normal streets I don't notice it.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
It is a wheel bearing if it is changing the amount of noise when turning. Should be able to remove the wheel, spin the hub, and if it makes any noise at all then the bearing is failing. I read a lot of threads on which aftermarket bearings are good and I ended up buying Timken.

Back