vibration after lowering

TuckerPunch

Reaction score
So I inspected the inner and outer cv joints and both boots look fine I can't find any play in them at all. I did notice that my outer tie rod ends are easy to twist back and forth so I'm going g to try and get those replaced under warranty, do inner tie rods and tires/ alignment. If I'm still having the issue after that I will move onto the axles I guess.

LeoY

Reaction score
Just to be sure, did you check your ball joints? Mine were just starting to go, and when I took my car for alignment, after switching to coilovers, it was pointed out to me. It acted similar to yours, and once I replaced them the issue was resolved.

I know the chance of your issue being the same is slim, but the car can vibrate pretty bad, especially from lowers going bad, under acceleration, and it's not like they are all that hard to check.

TuckerPunch

Reaction score
So just a little update.
Took it into a shop and they told me it was because my tires were shot, which I thought was a load of **** but I needed new tires real bad anyways so I started there. 4 new tires yesterday and it still vibrates with acceleration. So today I purchased new import direct axles and outer tie rod ends. Since I managed to strip on of my lower ball joints in the process it took me about 6 hours. Then I put the car in reverse back it off the lift just fine, all excited to test out my new parts, put it in drive aaaaand the driver side axle pops out of the transmission. So I had to push it back on the lift and tomorrow I get to take it apart again and see what I did wrong. Will update tomorrow on whether the issue is fixed or if I can get it out of the shop even lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You should feel the axle “pop” back into place due to the snap ring when pushing it back into the transmission. When I replaced my axles I used ericthecarguy’s DIY video, and he recommended turning the axle a little, try pushing it in and if it doesn’t go, turn the axle a little and push again. That worked for me. But when you take it back out, inspect it and make sure it’s a quality made part.

Btw you might want to replace that lower ball joint if you haven’t already, if it got damaged.

TuckerPunch

Reaction score
So finally finished. Ended up replacing the outer tie rods, lower ball joint, cv axle, new tires, and alignment. The vibration is gone and my accord is purring like a sleeping tiger once again thanks for the help guys. But for anyone that has this issue in the future the axles are definitely the problem if it's under acceleration only and the engine mounts are good. I guess the bearings on the inner cv joint can have a wear mark and after lowering it changes the axle angle. So the vibration is felt from those same bearings riding over the old wear mark. Thanks again for the input

xci.ed6

Reaction score
What's spinning?

Tire/wheels
Axles
Differential
Hub

You balanced the wheels, so that's out..

You only noticed this when you lowered it, so axle, diff, and hub are out.

Back