Walkin' In Memphis : Fall Meet 2013

kn0x47

Reaction score
^speaking of which, I traced my route to Memphis.... Nothing but trees the whole way. I hope they're colorful and not all pines

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
This weather report brought to you by by 6thgenaccord.com, Clean. Simple. Performance.:lawl: Sounds good.

Haha. Btw I never commented on it because I forgot but the post you made somewhere in military speak was awesome haha. And every time I see your username I think of the beginning of Top Gun... "Mustang, this is Ghost Rider"... :lawl:

Nashville sounds like a good pit stop.

Coo. :afro:

Well fellas... I know I'm going to get a lot of (probably deserved) **** for this but, I can't go anymore. I've been rushing like mad to finish a lot of design work for a review on Monday, and I had almost finished it all last night. I was working pretty late (in the middle of one of the architecture school's all nighters that you don't expect) and knocked one of my presentation models off a table and broke it. I've been scrambling to fix it all, and haven't been able to do so yet. All this while running on about 2 hours of sleep. The thing is by the time I finish and get enough sleep to feel comfortable making that drive, I'd be getting there late Friday night, which makes it not very worthwhile for me (considering the 12 hours each way). I know this sucks, and I'm really pissed it happened, but this review is potentially going to be the difference between me having or not having an internship at a great firm next summer, so I have to make it perfect. Sorry guys :sad: I was really looking forward to this

I was about to rip on you, when I remembered my 5 years at school for industrial design, and those all nighters were hell....especially if something went wrong before the critique. It felt like the world was crashing down lol. So I can understand that, at least you have a valid reason for dropping out.

So does this mean C-span is not going anymore either? :smiley-face-popcorn

I am east of Nashville, near the airport so not too close. I am not sure of many options that you would pass along the interstate near downtown for food, well without going into town. Really the only food options outside of shaddy area fast food places would be heading towards Vanderbilt on West End. We could go to Ted's again :D but that would mean you would be heading towards town. I am guessing you do not want to stop long since you still have hte boring drive to Memphis.

Yeah I mean I don't want to head too far in any direction we don't need to be headed that would be way out of the way, but I would like to meet up. It's been too long man. So maybe being from there you might have some suggestions given the routes I mentioned we'd be traveling?

mmmm....bison burgers.... :lawl:

^speaking of which, I traced my route to Memphis.... Nothing but trees the whole way. I hope they're colorful and not all pines

aww, pine trees!? :rage:

Last edited:

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Well fellas... I know I'm going to get a lot of (probably deserved) **** for this but, I can't go anymore. I've been rushing like mad to finish a lot of design work for a review on Monday, and I had almost finished it all last night. I was working pretty late (in the middle of one of the architecture school's all nighters that you don't expect) and knocked one of my presentation models off a table and broke it. I've been scrambling to fix it all, and haven't been able to do so yet. All this while running on about 2 hours of sleep. The thing is by the time I finish and get enough sleep to feel comfortable making that drive, I'd be getting there late Friday night, which makes it not very worthwhile for me (considering the 12 hours each way). I know this sucks, and I'm really pissed it happened, but this review is potentially going to be the difference between me having or not having an internship at a great firm next summer, so I have to make it perfect. Sorry guys :sad: I was really looking forward to this

That sucks all the way around man- Can't fault you for your decision though. Good luck with it all!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^at least you have daylight. I'll be doing that tonight in the cold, and darkness. I F'ing hate DST.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
well I can't speak for the drive from B-Ham to Memphis, but the drive from Nashville to Memphis is the worst. It is very flat and straight, which is not enjoyable to me. I have only been to Memphis twice though, so not sure what the tree situation is :D

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
HAHA this is true, but atleast you are near Cincy which has some hills unlike the area further north. Memphis is a good 3 hours from Nashville, so no worries if you don't feel like stopping.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
True, there is some nice driving around here, just gotta know where to look. When I drive from Cinci to Columbus though, it's straight, flat and corn.

We're stopping. And we're gonna eat. ;) Just a matter of where.

So......4 people... :signs1:

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm already rooming with Daniel. I'm driving 400mi each way, so three to four tanks should do me fine.
That's fine. We're both v6 and while I may see 19-21mpg city, I can almost always guarantee 350-400mi out of a tank on the highway. I think you'll be surprised how far you'll get.

So......4 people... :signs1:
Yay.

:coffee:

;)

Back