Want to lower my car, don't know what to get?

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
I need some help. I'm really torn between getting Tein S Tech springs or FF Type 1 coilovers. I work part-time and don't know if I could save $600 for coilovers. If I go with the lowering springs, what are the best struts/shocks to pair with these springs. Also, what can I expect from these? Good ride? Bad ride? Problems with suspension down the road? Anything would be great because I really need to know! Thanks!

- Jordan

Teesak

Reaction score
This is all stuff I've heard but I was thinking about the s tech springs as well. I heard tein makes great coilovers but their springs are not of the same quality. If you go springs and strut combo its going to run about the same price as coilovers, there are lots of good strut/spring combos out there but either way I'd plan on budgeting $600 and up. Again this is all from my own research and not experience. Good luckluck

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed with function forms. I have type2's but I'm sure type1's just as good, just with preset dampness and much better price. I used eibach,newspeed springs and tokico,koni shocks in my other cars(but remember they non adjustable), always hated coilovers for making the car "bouncy" after dropping it low and compressing the springs. FFs adjust from the bottom so the spring rate stays the same. There are other coilovers with exact same design,research^you can find a lot of info,thats how I bought mines

EF-Jordan

Reaction score
I have function & form type 1's. I have no complaints at all. Best coilover for the price. You can get your Accord as low as you'd ever want on these too.

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll go with the FF Type 1's :D Now all I need is two things-
1) The money since they are like almost $700 lol
2) My parents to let me mod my CG3 since they are totally against it and the fact that they say the car is 13 years old (I don't give a sh*t if it's 23 years old I would still mod it... And because I'm only 16 they don't trust me)They just don't see the potential :/

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
From where? On Amazon they're $630 shipped. I just said close to $700 to factor in installation because I can't do that.

Back