Wanting to switch to HID - projector recommendations?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I was going to just do the HID kit for a while, but I am leaning toward the projector route after reading a lot about it. Some say the kits look great using oem housings, but others say the light patterns are weird. But I guess you know you'll get what you want for sure if you use a projector.

My 99 coupe is red and I don't like the look of blackhoused lenses with a red car. However, the oem housings are a little light, so I'm not sure what color I'll go with yet...

Anyway, don't mean to jack this thread!

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
So...projector retrofit with the housings color-matched to your car. Next.

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
I was going to just do the HID kit for a while, but I am leaning toward the projector route after reading a lot about it. Some say the kits look great using oem housings, but others say the light patterns are weird. But I guess you know you'll get what you want for sure if you use a projector.

My 99 coupe is red and I don't like the look of blackhoused lenses with a red car. However, the oem housings are a little light, so I'm not sure what color I'll go with yet...

Anyway, don't mean to jack this thread!

Well I decided on the projector retrofit, then I know the results.

I have a red car and rather like the blackhousing, but it is a personal preference. (One of these days I'll talk myself into doing a member's ride page) The highbeam reflector is yellow. Eventually I think the black will even look better if I actually find a good way of fitting a euro grill into my bumper too.

Before:
CIMG0197.jpg

After:
CIMG0207.jpg

Like what was said above, color-matching is popular. If you do it, please post pics, as I'd love to see how it looks in red. You might get me to change my mind :)

Last edited:
Back