Wanting to switch to HID - projector recommendations?

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
Ok, first off let me say I hope this is in the correct thread. Moderators, feel free to move this if necessary.

I'm basically posted to see if any good aftermarket projector headlights are available with halo (angel eyes) rings??

I just blackhoused my housings and now I want to switch to HID. I purchased a 9006 kit that will be here tomorrow, but I've been warned that HID light will scatter with reflector lamps. So after arguing with the HID vendor over several emails I got him to agree to exchange the kit for another model.

TYC's seem to be the most recommended aftermarket projectors on the threads I've read. I'm not ready to try to retrofit projectors, so I'm looking for a whole unit I can install.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

nexTOme

Reaction score
if you must get aftermarket projectors......stick with tyc....

if hid and its performance your top priority, invest money on retro.....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, TYC is the best full projector headlight that you can buy...unless you want to pay for a custom retrofit in a stock headlight...there are a couple companies around that do that stuff.

having an HID kit in the stock reflector housing isnt bad...its not great, but it doesnt glare too much, at least from my experiences. our headlights are actually pretty well designed as far as light reflection goes.

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
NexTOme: OK that seems to be the consensus... thanks. I'll have to figure things out, as i had a little projector planned that called for halo's...

Sketch: Goo info... I'm not sure I want to TRY the 9006 and risk not being able to send them back once open... I'd go for the retro guys, but I haven't seen A DIY for it yet and I'm really new at that kind of stuff... hence why I'm looking aftermarket.

Appreciate the help!

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
If you get he 9006 kit and then decide to go with the TYC lights, all you have to do is buy new bulbs, not a whole new kit......

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
If you get he 9006 kit and then decide to go with the TYC lights, all you have to do is buy new bulbs, not a whole new kit......

That's good to know... thanks. One vendor quoted me $100 for a pair of H1 bulbs though and I got the whole kit for $90 delivered. I know they won't be high-end, but hopefully better than stock. I can upgrade later too which is good.

As a side note, are alll HID bulb's of a certain type the same size? I see some projectors specifically say they aren't HID compatible. I assume that's because of heat and/or the internal dimensions being able to accept the bulb.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I Went the h1 tyc projector route hondaspeed, i like the output and the cutoff is decent. But ur going to have modify your bulbs a little bit still. In my opinion, i have been running tyc's for the last year. No problems yet but after seeing how simple a retrofit is, i am kinda regretting I didnt do just that. The good thing is, if you decide to retro fit ur lights. U already have the tyc housings. I heard valaeo projectors screw right in! i might do this in the far future not near lol....

lashlee

Reaction score
I've got hid's in the factory bezel without any complaints. I don't see why a projector would be a better option.

Back