weight reduction

euro r wannabe

Reaction score
Lets make a thread for what we can remove to save some weight on our 6th gens.

I am planning on going to the track some and every 100 lbs is suppose to give me .1 off my 1/4 time. i dropped a bit by using the cf hood and a good amount by putting in racing seats.

1. spare tire & jack
2. windshield spray system "hoses, tank etc"
3. remove panels from the trunk

anyone else have any ideas?

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
The ultimate weight reduction.

0208scc_scared25_zoom.jpg

6THGEN_AI4

Does this give U lots of weight???????

2.windshield spray system "hoses, tank etc"

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
CF Trunk and Hood, stripped trunk (except spare and jack), removed cruise control, removed blinker setup, removed splash guard.

Rear seats come out in .03 seconds for the track. My hopeful plans for weight reduction were to remove the sunroof, racing seats, and A/C system.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
you can remove the doors trim for the doors you don't use. it's a big *** piece of plastic that i think will lose 10lbs+ maybe. then you can replace your windows with some kind of plastic. there was a website that made them but only for civics, i can't remember where. remove the speakers because those weigh some. and of course take out any junk you don't need. the rest has been said by BlkCurrantKord

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
The ultimate weight reduction.

0208scc_scared25_zoom.jpg
one of the best scc issues of all time.

use the racers addage: find 16 places where you can take off 1 ounce :D

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
get on a diet.

that works, lol.

get some lightweight 15's, those will make a bigger difference than removing 100lbs I would imagine.

gutting the interior would be retarded imo on something you'd have to drive every day.

Telri

Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
then you can replace your windows with some kind of plastic.
As stated above, switching to acrylic in place of glass for your windows will save alot of weight. Keep in mind however that you probably don't want to switch out your windshield and rear window since acrylic scratches easily, and those two pieces of glass in particular are weight bearing support structures should your vehicle ever end up on its roof.​

Wildman said:
get some lightweight 15's, those will make a bigger difference than removing 100lbs I would imagine.
I forget the actual number, and can't seem to find it online at the moment, but each pound of weight you take off the spinning masses (wheels + tires) is the equivalent of like 3 or 4 pounds of non-spinning mass. (Anyone know the exact amount?)​

I'm assuming that since you said you put in racing seatS, that you don't intend to make it a full race vehicle. In that case, the only things I can think of that you could readily do to the vehicle with out sacrificing drivability would be a light weight wheel/tire combination and removing the plastic tray under the engine (not sure if 6th gens have them, but my 240SX had one).

If you wanted to go all the way with the weight reduction, you could also remove the headliner, sound deadening/insulation material and door panels, front passenger seat, rear seat, rear brakes, windshield wipers, center console, carpeting, sound system and lights (head, tail, brake, turn and reverse). Replace the fenders with carbon fiber fenders (clicky). Cut the exhaust so it exits at the front of the vehicle (no cat + no muffler + less piping = less weight). Replace the stock steering wheel with a quick release or other such racing wheel (obviously though this messes with the SRS system). Replace the gas tank with a fuel cell. Swap the battery out for a lightweight battery (clicky ). And not sure how this one works, but I know I've seen it before on some racecars, you can remove the starter and just hook it up to start the motor. Can't really think of anything else right now.

Last edited:
Back