• Renting

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Live with parents (Rent free)

Votes: 34 45.9%

• Total voters

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
total rent for my place is $1450...but thats 5 bills from me 5 from my gf and the rest from mother in law.....

Jeffro

Reaction score
Boy, flipping through these pages kind of makes me laugh... My wife and I looked at renting (around $900 a month) and then found out we could buy for less. We pay $571/month on my house, with Escrow and everything else (insurance, taxes, etc.) my total monthly bill is around $750. I own a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house on an acre and a half. Won't ever give it up unless I have to...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah damn some people are paying some crazy *** rent money. I split a 3 bedroom last 2 years for $670/month including heat water trash. This year I didn't get as lucky, splitting a 2 bedroom for $515/mo only water and trash included (it would be $475 but we each have a dog and they charge pet rent...)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u gotta remeber tht the cost of living in cali is expensive compared to the rest of the country.... $1000 for a single bedroom apt is common

talontsiawd

Reaction score
u gotta remeber tht the cost of living in cali is expensive compared to the rest of the country.... $1000 for a single bedroom apt is common

Up here, it's almost $1000 minimum for a 1 bedroom in my area. When I was looking, that was my goal and never found anything i wanted for $1000, $1200 for a 1 bedroom would have been almost necessary unless i could deal with less than 300 sq. feet.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score

Up here, it's almost $1000 minimum for a 1 bedroom in my area. When I was looking, that was my goal and never found anything i wanted for $1000, $1200 for a 1 bedroom would have been almost necessary unless i could deal with less than 300 sq. feet.

and that, my friends, is why I would never live in either of those places. lol

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Boy, flipping through these pages kind of makes me laugh... My wife and I looked at renting (around $900 a month) and then found out we could buy for less. We pay $571/month on my house, with Escrow and everything else (insurance, taxes, etc.) my total monthly bill is around $750. I own a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house on an acre and a half. Won't ever give it up unless I have to...

Yeah, I'm not in a position to buy, or even rent right now unless it was mostly off of savings. But i'm really thinking about buying. I am not ready for a house so i'm thinking a nice condo that I could stay in for atleast 5 years. It could easily be cheaper than renting, depending if I have roomates or not.

Back