What do I need for a manual swap?

ozonebest21

Reaction score
So long story short I have a 4 cyl f23a4 auto accord and my transmission basically took a **** on me and I'm debating on doing a manual swap but I just want to know every part nut and bolt I need to complete the swap with prices to see what route I'm going to take with my car, so can someone either make me a list of everyhingi need or even better hyper link me to a forum thread that someone has created to do a manual swap keeping the stock motor because I can't come up with anything thanks forum memberes :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
How about you check the DIY Forum and search before asking, FIRST, next time.

That is some spoon feeding that only your Mother and Grandmother might be up for....won't happen on the Forums, Dood.

You'll have to do some work on your own.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Search and you shall find. Definitely doable, seems most people do it for around $1500 or less.

ozonebest21

Reaction score
Sorry I had forgot to mention the thread in the diy for the auto-manual swap was not loading up but thanks for the feedback

619rcr

Reaction score
So long story short I have a 4 cyl f23a4 auto accord and my transmission basically took a **** on me and I'm debating on doing a manual swap but I just want to know every part nut and bolt I need to complete the swap with prices to see what route I'm going to take with my car, so can someone either make me a list of everyhingi need or even better hyper link me to a forum thread that someone has created to do a manual swap keeping the stock motor because I can't come up with anything thanks forum memberes :)

A list of everything won't happen. Heres my summary cut & pasted from my swap posting.

To summarize the parts for AT to 5spd again for those of you who do not know. You will need:
1. The 5Spd trans of your choice. Accord or Prelude
The 98 -02 Accord 5spd is probably cheapest, and easiest to find
92-01 prelude trans work well too, the bolts are not exactly same, I believe 1 does not line up, but it will work fine.
2. MT Flywheel, accord or prelude. I used an OEM replacement for 98-02 accord.
3. Clutch, Accord or Prelude is same. I like exedy, good quality for the price. OEM replacement will work fine for bolt ons and Stage 1 is pretty good for light mods.
4. Shifter, linkage (Honda OEM) from your year and model and shift knob of your choice
5. clutch lines and pedals (Honda Oem) including bracket for Clutch pedal from your year and model. Don't forget smaller MT brake pedal.
6. Clutch master and slave cyls (I used Napa parts, but OEM is best) from your year and model.
including slave cyl mounting bracket from your year and model.
7. MT CV axles and intermediate shaft from your year and model.
8. An MT ECU is not required to start the car, but you will not have VTEC and will not rev past 5k with an AT ECU. So MT Ecu from your year and model is recommended. If your car has immobilizer it will need dealer programming of key. I used an F23 49 state Ecu from a 98 accord. Dealer reprogram cost was $150 or $200. Its been a while.
10. Reverse switch from your yr and model if not included with your trans. I used new honda OEM.
11. MT starter, Prelude or Accord.
I found one of those online Honda parts websites and looked thru the pictures to make sure I got all the various nuts and bolts and misc parts.

As one of my instructors once said you are paying for your education. Make sure you charge. So feel free to send me $13 for this info. J/K

Last edited:

HollywoodHam

Reaction score
I got everything for my swap from a junkyard out of a '00 Accord for under $250.00. Now, one main problem that I did encounter was there was no clutch bracket welded to the inside of the car (which comes standard on manual cars), which resulted in me destroying 2 master cylinders before figuring this out. On the inside of the car atop the clutch pedal you will need to weld a square shaped piece of steel to bolt the top of the clutch to, if not you will have the same problem that I did...Bolt the top of the clutch pedal to it and you should be good to go.
If you have any other questions about the manual swap, just pm me.

Back