What do you hate most about modern cars?

Max

Reaction score
Anything GM makes I don't like. Their cars are ugly.

I'll disagree with some of you that are saying electronics are bad....

My friend has a BMW 328i with the onboard computer which I think is just amazing and very user friendly.

Whoever said that the new acura body style is ugly....YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Now you really cannot discount ALL of gm's cars. Until you drive them you really can't say that. I've driven several of GM's new cars and they drive/handle great, and they're pretty aesthetically pleasing. They're designs may not be amazing, but come on...its GM. Not some expensive european brand. And about the BMW's, the rotating headlights work beautifully, and the computer control knob is extremely useful - I wish I had one in my car.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Besides the fact that stopping distance can be reduced with out engaging abs.
When the need arises for heavy breaking, a lot of people slam their foot on the brake as hard as they can, let abs kick in and stop or hit something. Does abs always work. No. The first accident I was involved in was on a divided hwy. I was waiting behind a car as a school bus dropped kids off. I got hit from behind because some lady didnt see that every one was stopped. I remember seeing all 4 wheels skidding towards me. her car was equipped with abs.

I just believe it makes people think all they should do is drop a brick on the brake pedal.

I got you. I was just wondering because ABS is really effective when used properly, but yes people do throw a brick foot on it thinking it does all the real work for them.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Actually what I hate most about a lot of modern cars is that they come powered by a PS3. What I mean is they keep adding more and more driving "enhancers" which in my personal opinion do not enhance or enrich the driving experience. If anything, it makes people lazier drivers and dumber because they are not learning how to really drive a car. Cars with ten thousand sensors telling you when your *** itches is not what I want in a car.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bigger wheels/tires
ABS
Textured body panels
Electronics

All this safety ****. I dont want 4 bags exploding into my face just to prevent me from having some minor whiplash.

alex_d10

Reaction score
I hate the new body styling on all new cars - specifically the Acuras.
Tell me about it...I've decided to not go back to Honda/Acura after my 6th gen. They ruined 3 nearly perfect cars (TL, RL, TSX) with the nasty styling and ridiculous options. If I wanted AWD with 3.7 V6, I wouldn't be getting a sedan in the first place, let alone one that looks like a yacht. But that's just my opinion...

Also, options like tire pressure monitors...You really should feel a flat tire when you drive:jae:

alex_d10

Reaction score
Actually what I hate most about a lot of modern cars is that they come powered by a PS3. What I mean is they keep adding more and more driving "enhancers" which in my personal opinion do not enhance or enrich the driving experience. If anything, it makes people lazier drivers and dumber because they are not learning how to really drive a car. Cars with ten thousand sensors telling you when your *** itches is not what I want in a car.

:omgbd:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I know of far more people who rear ended people on non abs cars than with abs. For myself, non abs almost put into a wall (young driver, paniced in bad weather) where ABS has saved me probably twice. I'll keep it.

-MT appearing less and less.
-Size/weight gain of cars.
-Styling you only like after you get use to (i attribute this to the next generation being even uglier)
-Engine covers that cover the whole engine bay
-More "plasticy" interiors

A-cord

Reaction score
yeah all this assisting sh!t is wack.. ever watch the movie wall-e?? loll.. yeah well that's what this world is coming to.

old school ftmfw

Last edited:
Back