What is the best sound system in any stock car you have heard?

Simkid5614

Reaction score
^ Lol. It depends on the setting, but it's good if one can't tell the difference, which is the point lol.

I know lol, I had it cranked up on a conv. model, and no distortion upto the max, The coupe just sounds so much better, as its a closed cabin, I've done too much research, Cause i plan to buy one at the end of the year.

JackOfClubs

Reaction score
I was actually surprised at how good the speakers in the 6GA sounded first time I was in one.
My dad's 01 Passat had the factory Monsoon sound system, which was fantastic for a stock 2001 car. I love the factory Alpine set up in his 11 Charger now, except the build quality on the rear deck is crap so the sub rattles it if you turn it up pretty much at all, until you get to the point where the music louder than the rattle :)

Simkid5614

Reaction score
I was actually surprised at how good the speakers in the 6GA sounded first time I was in one.

I completely agree, i had the AM/FM cassette deck and it sounded really good for just a 6 speaker, Then i installed the 6 CD cassette unit, and it got better. I don't even feel the need to (at this time) buy speakers.

Hello People

Reaction score
The 4 speaker systems in the 6GA are nice too. I still have my door ones for now and it's not bad. Those things can pound pretty hard.

For people that have experience with the 6 speaker system... How's the factory spot for the tweeters in the dash? Like, does it work well?

I wanted to put in some tweeters and I'd rather not go through the hassle of putting them in my A-pillar.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
The 4 speaker systems in the 6GA are nice too. I still have my door ones for now and it's not bad. Those things can pound pretty hard.

For people that have experience with the 6 speaker system... How's the factory spot for the tweeters in the dash? Like, does it work well?

I wanted to put in some tweeters and I'd rather not go through the hassle of putting them in my A-pillar.

Barely noticable, the Db gain is minute, Ideally you should have them fire at each other or into the cabin, not the window, but If you're looking for a stealth install, a DB gain on a crossover will make it better, The problem is, with the 6 speaker, you notice when the tweets don't work. It sounds slightly muffled on FLAC or 320Kbps files. Yet I can tell that my drivers tweeter, doesn't work, because it sounds off balance. I say go for the factory location with an undermount cup for the tweets, gains in the door, with a decent 6.5, and you'll be fine, Maybe even infinity Kappas if you can splurge for them.

ey361995

Reaction score
Well I have kennwoods in mine, I would highly recommend those. And also my Alpine M300 4 way amp under my passenger seat is the perfect combo for those. Plus it helps with my headunit too haha:rofl:

Back