what should i do ???

intel0116

Reaction score
i have a 2001 ex v6 (auto trany) 174,000miles never had a rebuilt motor or tranny, there the same as the day the car left the factory. heres my issue............

so im not sure what i should do with my accord. in the past 8 months i have put brand new motor mounts, trany mounts, radiator, starter, and battery(about $1300 in repairs).

now the check engine light is on, had the code read, turns out its the o2 sensor, then a week later the TCS light turned on, havent had time to get that code read yet, then yesterday the tranny starts slipping really hard in second gear to the point that the car feals like its going to stall out. and to top it off , theres a clunking noise in the back of the car that sounds like the struts are blown, not sure tho. so i figure a tranny rebuild is about 1500 bucks plus another 180 for the o2 sensor after i already put 1300 in to this thing in the past 8 months. is this the begining of a never ending money pit ? what should i do ?

should i sell the car and buy something else, or should i keep it and fix the issues ?
any input will be helpfull thanks

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you attached to the car? If not, can you afford a different car? Will another car you get have as many or more problems?

I think you just need to try thinking it through a little more. Forget all your frusterations and think rationally. None of us can tell you what to do.

intel0116

Reaction score
i am a little attached to it just because ive had it for so long and done so much to it. i can afford another car, but would much rather save the money. and yeah ive been thinking about that too, another car may end up coming with its own problems.

well in your opinion, or rather if it was you, what would you do ?
do you think its worth fixing, or do you think that i will just be making room for another problem to come up?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would sell it to Darksideaccord - but thats me

Rear clunk could be the endlinks - simple fix

Struts - car would be really bouncy

Not familiar with the TCS code on the v6's but might be as simple as a solenoid? I wouldn't freak out right away. Sometimes it's the simplest thing.

intel0116

Reaction score
darkside is lookin for an av6 ?
and a solenoid would make the tranny slip and almost stall out?

intel0116

Reaction score
anyone know of a shop in socal that can do a clean 6spd swap (no CEL codes) ?

intel0116

Reaction score
had my CEL read again about 30 mins ago, o2 sensor just like i already knew, and the new code is P0700, F'in tranny !

is the P0700 a code related to a complete rebuild ?
the tech. who read the code for me said it could be related to the o2 sensor, and only way to see is to fix that first.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
i am a little attached to it just because ive had it for so long and done so much to it. i can afford another car, but would much rather save the money. and yeah ive been thinking about that too, another car may end up coming with its own problems.

well in your opinion, or rather if it was you, what would you do ?
do you think its worth fixing, or do you think that i will just be making room for another problem to come up?

Your tranny will likely always be a problem.

I'd decide if I wanted to spend money on a new car, or a 6MT swap.

Back