What would you do??? Accord vs. Money/Fixing...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
My accord has been good to me. I bought it with a little less than 7k on it. I am now at 67k. My car is basically mint, or was, until I lightly tapped a pole. Of course, it had to be my quarter panel, one of the few things I would never try to attempt to fix myself. I know it's going to cost me too much to not go through insurance so it would be about $1000. I hate driving a dented car but I just don't know if it's worth the money. I don't love this car though I have put in a lot of work. According to KBB, my car is worth about $8,000 in excellent condition, $7,000 in fair condition.

What would you do?

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
Excellent is basically still in the dealer lot.. but a pic of the dent would help

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
$1000 to fix the 1/4 panel? How big is the dent, i'm pretty sure they can pull it back to the right place then bondo it then respray for less than $1000 including labor.

If not then it'll buff out :)

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i think there is a trick with keyboard duster or something, depending on the size of the dent

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Majority of that cost is going to be in the paint is why. The 1/4 panel has to be blended into the roof, door, trunk & bumper for it to look right. I'd shop around a bit more though.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Had to ask myself the same question about two years ago.
Wound up getting a chick I new from high school to fix it at her dad's boddy shop. Every estimate put it around $1-1,200.00. She did a great job for $850.00. But I waited almost a year until taxes came around.....
Before
001_1.jpg

After
008_8.jpg

Emo236e

Reaction score
Depending on how bad it is, PDR does a suprisingly good job. It wont fix paint, but depending on how bad it is, it may just buff out.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The dent is bad enough that it will not come out on it's own. It probably can be pulled and filled but I have to get estimates.

I know almost for certain that it will be over $1000 not going through insurance. In CA, most shops charge around $100 per hour.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Go through insurance. Just tell them you were parked somewhere, came out and the dent was there. Just make sure the place you tell them that you parked doesn't have cameras in the lot. They should rule it a no fault and it'll fall under comprehensive. Which shouldn't raise your insurance.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Dude definitely fix your car. It's nearly a 1-owner, with very low miles and in excellent shape. It really wouldn't make sense to let it look beat up, whether you keep it (you'd have to ride around with the dent) or not (hard to sell a car with noticeable damage). If money is an issue, just save for a bit and do it a few months down the road.

Back