What'd you do to your accord today?

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Noticed that my center console is starting to get sticky anybody want to point me to a diy i may have overlooked on how to refurbish ?

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

twofast4u

Reaction score
Noticed that my center console is starting to get sticky anybody want to point me to a diy i may have overlooked on how to refurbish ?

I need a DIY for this too! **** is annoying me.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Replaced cabin air filter. Dropped in FRAM CF8603A Fresh Breeze Carbon and Baking Soda Cabin Air Filter, $20 Amazon. I must say the instructions were very detailed. I have done em before so I zipped through it. The old ones didn't even allow light through. It was installed back in end of 2010. So sad. Well it's blowing harder and cooler now. I know were there's a dead skunk so that will be the real test. Maybe will get a bit better MPG. Wishful thinking. Wish me luck. Running around 18MPG on my 2001 4DR EX-V6 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DizzyP

Reaction score
udytapus.jpg

Hope this helps. It's pretty straight forward. Only issues I had is that on the drink holder there are two little rubber stops that are on the right side (opposite of the hinges) at the top and bottom that can pop off easily. They are about 2mm diameter and 6mm long. Well that is what I remembered of them. My got yanked and lost by detailing shop a long time ago.

Good luck.

DizzyP

Reaction score
What the wash huh?! The pic quality was better on my phone and I picked the best res when I up loaded. Eh, might just be easier to throw about a gallon of hydrochloric acid on it and let it side over night the just hose the whole interior out. Here is a link to the pick if you rather take it apart. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/drivefast1971/2011-06-04_145109_1.gif

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score

Most annoying and time consuming process...u can't use anything toxic, or the paint will come off

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the wash huh?! The pic quality was better on my phone and I picked the best res when I up loaded. Eh, might just be easier to throw about a gallon of hydrochloric acid on it and let it side over night the just hose the whole interior out. Here is a link to the pick if you rather take it apart. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/drivefast1971/2011-06-04_145109_1.gif

Appreciate this upload, got it printed out already, thanks.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Not a problem. Each time I've cleaned up the stickiness I haven't needed to use any screwdrivers. Just popped of the components since they are clipped in and damp soapy cloth did the trick.

twofast4u

Reaction score

So wait... do we just put the centre console piece in a bucket with hydrochloric acid over night? I'm a bit lost...

Back