whats so bad about bosch spark plugs?

Reaction score
its not the quality of the plugs.. bosch is a great spark plug. just not in our cars. reason for that is the heat range on plugs and overall design and gap. Bosch is used in european cars bmw benz audi etc. ngk and denso in japanese honda nissan toyota etc...
the heat range is how hot or cold the spark plugs run. some cars run hot or colder than others..so if we put in a spark plug with a colder heat range than it should the plug will not last long nor will it perform correctly.. pay attention to tha numbers on the spark plug note : ZFR6F runs hotter than a NGK BKR7E just random plugs i pulled numbers off..but basic explanation.

[email protected].

Reaction score
its not the quality of the plugs.. bosch is a great spark plug. just not in our cars. reason for that is the heat range on plugs and overall design and gap. Bosch is used in european cars bmw benz audi etc. ngk and denso in japanese honda nissan toyota etc...
the heat range is how hot or cold the spark plugs run. some cars run hot or colder than others..so if we put in a spark plug with a colder heat range than it should the plug will not last long nor will it perform correctly.. pay attention to tha numbers on the spark plug note : ZFR6F runs hotter than a NGK BKR7E just random plugs i pulled numbers off..but basic explanation.

No doubt that is true, in most cases.

I put a set of Bosch Platinum 4's in my car over 60K mi. ago, and have never noticed any problems. The car runs fine, pulls strong, and gets 29mpg in mostly city driving. I think someone somewhere had problems w/ Bosch, posted about it online, and the bad rap/legend stuck.

NASOHC

Reaction score
Its fine as long as they're the correct application. Waste of money IMO though but its true, they don't have the best reputation for dependability. Just like Audis.

NGK/DENSO Irridiums FTW!!!

Reaction score
sorry..just something a lot of people go through i figured..especially when you go to an autoparts and they give you options like champion and ac delco.

Back