559caliAccord

Reaction score
2002 A.T L4
ULEV-Vtec

MagnaFlow Exhaust
AEM CAI

MPG 32 Average, 38 Highway "50-55MPH" 60MPH=34MPG
480-510miles

A good method on trying to save gas is go 50-55mph cruising on the highway and let other cars pass you. If there are many cars on the highway, use it as an advantage. Be 15-20ft away from the vehicle because it reduces your cars' air resistance.
Also - wash your car and shine it to a beauty. Dust and dirt effects your aerodynamics and fuel efficiency by 3%
Also i do not always fill up a full tank, just add $30 of gas, and add 1oz of SeaFoam to each gallon. :beer2:

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Yellowstone and the tanks averaged at around 400-420 miles.
This of course using cruise control and having the A/C turned on during intervals. Plus 3 passengers, a loaded trunk and a roof rack with a cargo box.

Biggest gas consumer was trying to drive those long stretched out uphill portions of the highway with my 4 banger. Had to down shift to 4th in order to not loose speed. :coffee:

Shadow1

Reaction score
Looked at my gas needle at half a tank and the mileage. I was at 244 miles at half a tank. That's awesome. That's with a mix of city and highway driving.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I usually have around 250 at half a tank but I find that after half the needle goes down much quicker than the upper half. So I never would end up getting double that lol

Shadow1

Reaction score
I usually have around 250 at half a tank but I find that after half the needle goes down much quicker than the upper half. So I never would end up getting double that lol

Dern gas tanks fooling people. Lol. I hit 244 at the half way mark I'm expecting to get 488. Or at least like 450. Nope. On th E mark its at like 380-408. Makes me mad. Lol.

I get around 300-320 miles out of a tank, no mods here just stock for now.

You either need q tune up real bad, need to replace your tires, or you just drive too fast. Lol.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
^Dude the most mileage I've ever gotten out of a tank was 358. My last tank didn't even hit 300. I do mostly city driving though.

As far as why you don't get equal mileage based of your fuel gauge (from top 1/2 to bottom 1/2): I was going to type something similar to this, but this is such a descriptive explanation I'll leave it here: clicky

Last edited:

FIGHT4MYACCORD

Reaction score
Yeah I think something to do with the bad gas mileage is my front wheels have a bad alignment causing my tires to get eaten up pretty badly. Should have noticed them sooner but oh well its my first car and you live and learn as they say.

kevo

Reaction score
City driving I get. (I reach the speed limit pretty fast:lawl:) 280-320mpg city/ toll way 300-490+mph

doubleclutch

Reaction score
i get between 375-400 miles per tank. But my car sits for weeks at a time and then its all back country roads when i go home from college. empty country roads i might add...

Back