Wheel Cover/Black Cover On Top Of Wheel

jared21927

Reaction score
Ok so i was drivin on the highway today and the black cover on the inside of my passenger side fender that goes around the top of the tire flew off exposing the bottom portion of the right side of my engine. Is this piece necessary or should i just forget it and ride out?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If you are referring to the fender liner, or the piece the covers the underside of the engine, many people are running without any of those pieces. Matter of fact, I only have a portion of my driver's side fender liner, no passenger side, and that underside cover is gone too.

It's not a huge issue, it does help to prevent dirt/debris from flying up in the engine area, so if you are concerned, the replacement parts are pretty cheap and I'm sure someone has the clips for a good price as well.

jared21927

Reaction score
^^^Thanks alot. Im not too concerned the car is 10yrs old i expect these things to happen. Just needed to know if it was absolutely necessary...I guess not

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It was posted in another thread, KeyChain doesn't have his front fender liner's, but trust me, we aren't the only ones.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
mine flew off when i threw them into my garage :lawl:

no, its not a huge problem to be without the fender liners. unless you feel unsafe or that you want one. if you have, or plan on getting, a cold air intake, then id suggest getting another fender liner tho, so youre not throwing water onto your filter when you drive in the rain.

CHID0

Reaction score
I replaced mine once and they got shredded by my wheels. Now i run without any of em. Plus i'm too low...

Back