Wheels & suspension options

joeygkb

Reaction score
Hey all,

With spring coming and almost everything else done on the car that I wanted to do, I want to put on some rims and change up the suspension a little.

Currently, wheels and suspension are stock 15" 4x114.3 steelies with hubcaps.

In the garage we have brand new Moog end links, bushings & eibach sway bars. Also have a new set of kyb gr2 struts for the V6s.

I have a 4cyl 5-speed sedan. Daily driven in the southern Westchester area of Ny, so streets aren't very smooth. I'm looking for a near stock ride, just a tad stiffer, dropped between either a half inch or one inch. Nothing too low, I wanna throw a chin spoiler on just incase I scrape.

I was thinking custom diamond racing steelies powder coated white. 7 or 8 inches wide maybe? Just so it's as flush on all fours as possible without rubbing after the fenders are rolled.

For the suepension I was thinking of throwing on the sway bars and end links plus the kyb struts for a bit of a stiffer ride with tein h tec lowering springs.

I want a smooth ride, just a little stiffer and nicer looking.

Anyone have any opinions or direction for me?

gt58

Reaction score
you wont be flush with 7 inch wide wheels if youre only an inch lower.

pick up some type 1's and get 18x8.5 diamond racing steelies.

pick up a nice thick sway bar and youll love it

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You can get ground control coilovers for those struts so you can go low enough. Because what you just described wont look good.. At all. Need a wider wheel that 7" or you'll need some big spacers. Stop worrying about scrapping and rubbing so much, because what you're describing wont do any of that. Any scrapping would be minor and you won't rub.

JniG

Reaction score
Diamond racing steelies on a 1 inch drop? That would look really funky to me. You wont rub or scrape with that drop and you wont be flush. If you want flush then you need to drop way lower and get some wider rims. If you want just that moderate drop then just get some decent lowering springs for your kybs or some ground control sleeves.

joeygkb

Reaction score
I've never heard of ground control sleeves before.

I don't want coil overs because I'm not a fan of the ride. I don't want to do anything with camber or anything like that. Just a simple setup. I know the ride I'm trying to achieve, I just don't know how to achieve it. Just humor me with this but think of how a C300 rides. It feels as if the suspension is right even though its really not. It rides quiet and smooth. I know it's a luxury car so this is like apples and oranges. But that's the ride I'm trying to go for. Something smooth, quiet, with a stiff feel. I don't really care about a drop but it definitely will get rid of some wheel gap so that could be great. Talking about wheel width now, I just want it to sit flush.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You're a little lost....

You will not sit flush without going low. No matter what wheel you're going with, that's just "physics".

Search up Ground Control Coilover sleeves and read about them. They can still get you a comfortable ride. What you're more describing would mean A: stay stock or B: go with bags

Back